PDA

View Full Version : Selecting points for Weights

Sil3
03-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Hi

Im rigging in MAYA for the first time, been messing around with Weigth Maps, but i want to know if it is possible to select points and apply Weights to them (ala Lightwave), instead of painting? Im asking these, because i have some points that belong to overlaped polygons and i cant get to them using the Paint Weights tool. :shrug:

Thanks

Sil3

dwalden74
03-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Much of your skin weighting is going to be done via the component editor. Window->General Editors->Component Editor. Then hit the Skin Clusters tab, and you might also want to turn off List->Show All Columns. Here you can enter values manually for selected cvs.

:beer:
David

Sil3
03-26-2003, 01:32 PM

Im digging Maya a lot hehehehe, im still lost in its interface, but im getting along with it :p

Sil3

michaelcomet
03-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Another cheat too I heard is you can select vert weights...and then use the "flood value" to simply flood those values with the value you want....kinda like a mix of component and paint weights....

The other trick if you have NURBS that you are skinning, is to select a ring like a ring of points defining and isoparm...then you can hit the Up and Down arrow to walk up/down the hierarchy of verts, easily weighting each cross section one at a time.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.