PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Accelerator Problem

KidderD
03-25-2003, 03:19 PM
I am having troubles with viewing vids that I used to be able to see fine before I SQ4'd ... I know I know... but the only thing I got from the SQ4 is stability and I personally don't think you should have to pay extra for that.. anyway, that discussion was done previously. I am using ProDVD and it won't play the files that it used to play. I know this is very little information, so please let me know what else you need to know... no hurry, no stress.. and no problem if you don't know the answer... although that's unlikely isn't it?

CgFX
03-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by KidderD
I know I know... but the only thing I got from the SQ4 is stability and I personally don't think you should have to pay extra for that.

I don't understand this comment. SQ4 is free. As for a real Quadro graphics card, stability isn't the only thing that you get. I could list it all out but would that really matter?

KidderD
03-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Ok.. ignore my first post... more to the point.. i SQ4'd and now my proDVD vids don't work anymore. Anyone else have this prob?

elvis
03-25-2003, 11:43 PM
softquadro uses a funny overlay setting that isn't hardware compatible with geforce cards. i get the same problem when i softquadro certain geforce2 cards, so i'm thinking it's a software thing.

anyway, hunt around in rivatuner for your overlay settings and have a bit of a fiddle. it's all documented within the softquadro and rivatuner FAQ's.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.