PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 tileable textures

martinsdesign
07-17-2007, 07:22 PM
what is the tool/technique that lets you draw on a scrolling image plane that moved as you moved the brush near an edge. It is a tough thing to describe, but it was introduced to me as a means to making tileable textures easier to generate.

Thanks

Munk
07-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Go to the Pattern palette menu, select the Define Pattern command. You should be able to paint off the perimeter on any side of the canvas and paint will appear on the opposite side.

Munk

Jinbrown
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi Martin,

Do what Munk said, then you can capture the result as a Pattern and/or a Paper.

Pattern:

In the Patterns palette menu, choose Capture Pattern and give it a name, then click the OK button to save it to the Patterns library.

Paper:

Select > All and, in the Papers palette menu, choose Capture Paper. Type a name, then click the OK button to save it to the Papers library.

I typed this from memory so if I forgot anything, it's close and you can probably figure it out. If not, just post your questions here.

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.