PDA

View Full Version : changes 4.0->4.5..

alexx
03-25-2003, 12:35 PM
hmm..

i found that some small things seem to work a little different in 4.5 than in 4.0.

especially to my mind comes the "promptDialog" that i used in some small helper scripts (goToFrame or rename)..
in earlier versions that dialog closed when you hit return..
it does not do so anymore..
you really have to hit the ok button..

anyone has an idea if that can be changed back to old behaviour?

cheers

alexx

dwalden74
03-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, good one. A lot of sneaky things have changed from v4 -> v4.5. My favorite was when I discovered they actually changed the attribute names (thatīs right) on the conditional node. In version 4.0 the output of the conditional node was *.Color1R.... in version 4.5 this has been changed to *.ColorIfTrueR... This is great when you have rather lengthy scripts that create and connect various utility nodes together... :shame:

-David

alexx
03-26-2003, 10:03 AM
support:

This is a known issue in Maya 4.5 and I will add your information to the bug
info. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Unfortunately, there is no
solution to this at the moment. What you can do is to hit the "tab" key if
the focus is on the text field, then press "enter".

I will let you know if the developers have any other comments or
workarounds.

dwalden74
03-27-2003, 09:33 AM
BTW, did you also tell them how aweful the online docs format is in 4.5? I find it nearly unusable and persist in using the 4.0 docs, which is wonderfully fast and efficient.

:beer:
David

alexx
03-27-2003, 09:51 AM
jesus.. yes..
but i fear i would get a littel too insulting when i mention that one :)

Rudity
03-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by dwalden74
BTW, did you also tell them how aweful the online docs format is in 4.5? I find it nearly unusable and persist in using the 4.0 docs, which is wonderfully fast and efficient.

:beer:
David

I SOOO AGREE!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.