PDA

View Full Version : Vista selection region problem

scrimshaw1803
07-17-2007, 12:51 PM
I've been experiencing an issue with the select region ever since I moved to Vista. Since I have not seen others mention this on the forums, I had thought this could be specific to my video card (Nvidia Go 7600) or driver but I just purchased a new laptop with a different video card (Nvidia 8400M GT) and this issue still occurs.

the problem is that when make a rectangle selection by dragging the mouse over a viewport area, the contents of that area are corrupted. It seems to display the contents from some other window. Sometimes, I get portions of my scene explorer, other times only a blank grey.

I was running XSI 6.01 and just updated to 6.02. The problem exists in both versions.

Has anyone else experienced this when running XSI 6.X under Vista?

GeneralLethal
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I think most of these problems are caused by the aero interface. Have you tried disabling it?

scrimshaw1803
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
I think most of these problems are caused by the aero interface. Have you tried disabling it?

Just tried this and you are correct. Vista aero is causing this. Good thing is I identified it and worked around it. Bad thing is I doubt SI will actually fix an issue like this in the near term.

At least XSI doesn't automatically disable aero like some apps do. (I'm probably one of the few people who like aero).

This issue isn't a big deal since whenever I use rectangle selection, that is when I don;t need to be precise anyway.

WillBellJr
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Actually, it may have been better if they did disable Aero!

At least this way there wouldn't be problems such as you've experienced and you wouldn't have to cripple all of the system just for XSI (I've already had to disable UAC for XSI, now apparently I need to disable Aero to eliminate this problem which I experience similar to you... :shrug: )

-Will

tuna
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
(I've already had to disable UAC for XSI, now apparently I need to disable Aero to eliminate this problem which I experience similar to you... :shrug: )

-Will

It's a bit of a shame about Aero if you're attached to it, but you don't have to disable UAC for XSI. I needed to run the installer as Administrator so the SPM would install correctly, but that's it.

[edit] Actually in the shortcut properties > compatibility tab > check "disable desktop compositing"

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.