PDA

View Full Version : leafs physics

paco33
07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi, I have to do an animation for a commercial but im so lost in particle flow.
I cant post the video of reference but here is the video
http://www.3dpoder.com/foro3dpoder/showthread.php?t=37252 its the winrar archive
i hope that anyone can help me...just giveme any tips,

here is what im doing. use a plane, the particles (leafs) with position object, 2 deflectors, 1 for the floor, and one more for the car, but i dont get the effect of the leafs falling with the right physics.. If anyone can give me some steps, i appreciate
thanks for the time..

supremepizza
07-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Tweak your wind and use something like...

wind = 0
turbulence 1.5 - 0.4
frequency 1.5 - 0.4

use a speed space follow or maybe just a speed follow for speed which should also be set to zero

Then play with your rotation with similar settings.

Those should be rough guidelines.
Throw in a drag set at 5 XYZ with unlimited range and make sure it lasts throughout your animation.

Only thing driving the system should be the wind or maybe a few that fall within those quick guidelines and a gravity with about a 0.4 strength. Alot of those values are going to depend on the scale of your scene though so adjust accordingly.

Edit: You may want to use more deflectors for the car and make sure your pivot points are set correctly on the geometry to make them settle nicely. I'm sure you know the trick to make the leaves stop when they hit. Set collision to 3-5 and send out to the next event to zero speed, roatate, etc That should keep them from looking like they're stuck to the deflector instantly and rather settling onto the car.

Ps. Use .zip files instead of .rar files. Please.

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2007, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.