PDA

View Full Version : Add an extra cane for walk cycle. (XSI)

dickma
07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi, I would like to do the following.

The situation is I use the biped rig generated from the biped Guide in XSI.

I would like to add a cane to make a cripple guy walk. I supposed that the cane is not parented to any object. (because the cane later have other motions)

The default pivot of the cane is at the bottom of the cane, my planning is to drive the cane using the default pivot (that is the moving and rotation of Y-axis, twist ) so that I can controll the cane' s pivot to control the hand, and the cane can stay still at the bottom point and Not pentrated though the floor.

I am studying about using constraints But the result isn't good. Like I would like the wrist to twist when the cane twist but I wouldn't. May be something wrong with my setup.

Any clue or setup method I can deal with that?

Think about more seriously, when people grab a cane and walk, the cane has a real interaction with the palm and fingers, i.e, the palm and the fingers may bend for flexibility when we apply force to the ground through the cane.

Things become more complex..

dickma
07-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Solved, thank you for attention.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2007, 09:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.