PDA

View Full Version : Refereced Object Emitter

AaRoNBC
03-24-2003, 10:12 PM
i have a file with an emitter which works fine... when i reference this file i cannot get the emitter to work anymore. i left the rate at 50 but nothing happens. the only thing that i can think of is that the emitter object that is referenced is scaled down in the new file, would this affect anything? am i missing something?
thx,
AaRoN

Octagon
03-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by AaRoNBC
i have a file with an emitter which works fine... when i reference this file i cannot get the emitter to work anymore. i left the rate at 50 but nothing happens. the only thing that i can think of is that the emitter object that is referenced is scaled down in the new file, would this affect anything? am i missing something?
thx,
AaRoN

scaling emitters only has an effect if you're using the "scale rate by size" attr on for example a surface emitter (dont know about curves). scaling directional emitters doesn't have an effect.

try looking under the "count" attribute in your particleShape's AE, to see if there _are_ particles or not.

maybe that's a referencing limitation. try to contact AW and/or see the docs for any limitations.

matthias

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.