PDA

View Full Version : Particles Goal to Another Particle System

kpolonski
07-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I am attempting to make one particle system chase after another particle system using P Flow. I do not see any way of doing this using max. I know that in maya I would just duplicate the particle system and make it goal weight to another. Is there any way of accomplishing this in 3DS Max?

TiskO
07-13-2007, 04:09 PM
If you wanted it to follow the EXACT same path, you could just offset the animation (by changing the frames in the birth). And if you dont want it to look the same, you could play with some forces (ie drag or maybe adding in some light turbulance???)

Depends what exactly you're after.

Or do you mean actually creating a path? Cause then you have to play with find target operaters and multiple spawners.

Hook
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I am attempting to make one particle system chase after another particle system using P Flow. I do not see any way of doing this using max. I know that in maya I would just duplicate the particle system and make it goal weight to another. Is there any way of accomplishing this in 3DS Max?

You could use the Keep apart operater with a negative force, and select the PFlow system you whant to chase

supremepizza
07-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Check out the sample scripts for PFlow included in the MAXScript reference. There is a sample script doing exactly what you're asking for. There's also a sample scene if you installed the scenes. I beleive the name of it was something like "A to B and B to A". Well it was something like that.

Hope it helps,
Bill

Edit: That should get you headed in the general direction. But if you're trying to do what I think you are I'd love to do it. It can be done but it will take some time. You'll be needing to emmit bake emmit bake, lather rinse repeat. Sounds fun though. Do you have a storyboard you can post or is this just for theory practice?

kpolonski
07-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Just wound up animating it by hand instead but I will try the suggestions as well for good measure. Thanks guys.

depleteD
08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Im trying to do this in data flow,
i kinda got a system, its havily based on allan mckays objAB tutorial.
the key is storeing the position of the first particle system in a script vector and in your next system using the find target seeking script vector. Use seek by icon and keep the icon at 0,0,0 to avoid the bug of particles being offset.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2007, 05:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.