PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors

RusMan
03-24-2003, 06:48 PM
In the "show your work space" thread many of you guys use 2 monitors.
Why do you need two monitors?
Sorry for my stupidness.:)

Any comments?
Thanks

Valkyrien
03-24-2003, 08:28 PM
more real estate on which to plant windows....

seriously...i tend to run more than ten windows at the same time, so having an extra monitor really helps...;)

PlanetMongo
03-24-2003, 08:30 PM
Ditto. Even without doing any kind of CG work, dual monitors comes in handy for doing daily tasks. Generally, I have Everquest setup on my 19" and cgtalk and various AIM windows open in the other.. :)
I never thought I'd ever use duals effectively, but it's really something you get used to and once you've gotten used to it, you wonder how you ever got along without it.

RusMan
03-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks for your replies

Chaos Maximus
03-25-2003, 07:26 AM
yeah, exact same reason as above here. i like the extra space so much now, i feel a little confined with only one

aYs
03-25-2003, 12:01 PM
modeler (lw) on one screen and reference pics and panels on the other one

aurora
03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
With LW, photoshop and others its great because I can have a full 21 inches devoted strictly towards my work space and all the toolbars, extras I want open on my 19 inch secondary. I still have problems doing this with Maya to the same extent I do with LW but does help improve, increase my work flow. Plus if I find a great tut on the web I can have it running on one monitor and working on the other at the same time. Gotta love that!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.