PDA

View Full Version : They’re here…. aliens

Saurus
03-24-2003, 07:05 PM
They’re here…. aliens

http://www.alienware.com/gaming_main_desktop.aspx

Valkyrien
03-24-2003, 09:27 PM
how...unnecessary! Why get something all shiny like that when it'll probably get all scratched up within a week? (at least it would in my hands...) Plus, it's pretty ugly...:p

aurora
03-25-2003, 03:00 PM
How, ahh, cute?????
Sorry I have heard way to many complaints about Alienware to take a second look at them. However, maybe they should have struck up sometype of advertising with Dreamcatcher. I've seen stranger things.

Saurus
03-25-2003, 06:08 PM
I think they are cool design. Im not much of an Alienware fan. I was actually going to buy their laptop, but I couldn't hack the price and 1 month wait. I decided to buy one from Prostar. If these cases were available separately, I would consider buying them.

Saurus

aurora
03-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Saurus, I agree totally with you. Especially buying just the case. I love the case and my daughters would absolutely trip over the alien head on the front.
Hmmm, I guess there is no reason why I could not design and build my own case. Damn one more thing to add to my list of things I want to do.

PlanetMongo
03-26-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Saurus
I think they are cool design. Im not much of an Alienware fan. I was actually going to buy their laptop, but I couldn't hack the price and 1 month wait. I decided to buy one from Prostar. If these cases were available separately, I would consider buying them.

Saurus
Where did you get your prostar? isn't it the same thing as the sager and the alienware?

Just curious... (I"ve been looking, too.. alienware: $3500. Sager: $2700 on discountlaptops in similar config. However, for the extra 800, get a bag, cooler colors.. :) ).

Saurus
03-26-2003, 08:44 AM
I got mine at www.portablez.com

Actually, the version I got Alienware doesn't carry, but they are both made by the same company name Clevo. I got the 8834, that went up 3.06 and 128 vid memory. The one similar to Alienware is the 5654, but only goes up to 2.8 and 64 vid meg. If you want one similar to Alienware (3.06 with 64 vid Mem), you should get the G732-V for about $ 1,924 with 512 mem.

Good Luck,

Saurus

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.