PDA

View Full Version : Linking Shader to controler

Wiz
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey I have a small question, I am sure it's pretty simple, but I cant seem to find a soloution.
Anyways, I want to connect a Shader color to a controler.
What I tried doing is creating a mix2colors node with the 2 color options, now
I have a slider, Which I want it to control the shader, I want if it's Y Poistion is 1
it will be the first color, and If it's under it will be the Second Color, but it wont let me connect the Axis to the Mix2Color Weight connection, What is the correct soloution? Thanks alot.

Rens
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Easiest would be to connect an Intensity node to the weight param and then link up the intensity slider. Set the colour to white first.

For direct control:
Open up the parameter connection editor (under View>Animation in top menu), then select All Nodes as filter (top button). Unlock the Driven Target and select your object, then in the editor navigate to the material, hit + and then navigate to surface. Select the colours you want adjusted. Link it up with another object's position or right-click on one of the colours and set your own expression.
That or script it directly (SetExpr).

Hope this helps!
R

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.