PDA

View Full Version : monia ^_^

rISO
07-12-2007, 03:46 PM
hi guys,

i am opening and trying, since few days, a lot of different rigs.. rig-o-matic.. advanced skeleton.. sergio_v1.. andy_v1.3.. but what i would like is just to use with my simple toon mesh.. i guess they're too complex 4 my rig's skills..

any idea of an easy way to change or link my mesh/char to an existing free rig/setup?

tnx in advance..

rISO
07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
the script who "almost" work for me was "rig-o-matic" but after the "bind skin" and "paint weight" process, i have the problem that moving the leg, all the mesh move! (xcuse me for the bad explication).. it seems that the mesh is still too affected by each joint but i did "paint weight" process and all the white areas are very little abd grey
..but the leg joint (for example) still affect/move also the hairs! :eek:

by the way, any advanced skeleton tutorials around, please?
cannot find one! :shrug:

..or someone know how and if it's possible to "substitute/change/link" the "generi" mesh with own mesh?

any ideas?
tnx in advance :)

rISO
07-13-2007, 10:59 AM
c'moon.. L
i can't believe it :)

ErikSvensson
07-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey there. :)

I wouldn't use any of the free character rigs skeletons for your mesh. Then you can always look into the setups that you can buy, maya has several ones. Though I have to say its often better to make it yourself, so it works best for you.

I wouldnt try to use generi rig as a base mesh for your own, then they has to have the same size of the limbs, and so on. You probably wont have that, do you? ;) I was working on a rigging script that i would give out for free, but its on my other pc and its not finished. The IKFK rig messes up on the right arm :shrug: But with that you get IKFK rig, inversed foot, driven keys on the hands and so on. pretty basic setup, and it can be rigged in any pose (not only T-pose). But i'll try finish the scripts of ASAP then i can email it to you, but maybe you cant wait that long, then i suggest you search on google for "maya free rigs" or something. :)

Cheers!

Erik

rISO
07-13-2007, 12:16 PM
wow tnx a lot Erik,
as u told me i am trying to do it by myself, also if time to complete the job is really short..
and may seems silly but i didn't search in google "maya free rigs" b4 and i've found a lot of nice and useful free rigs :)

cheers!
rISO

ErikSvensson
07-13-2007, 07:53 PM
You're welcome!!! :)

Here are some links, didn't have time to look it up before so here you go.

The setup machine, heard good things about it from a friend who bought it. Its not that expensive either.

http://www.anzovin.com/TSM2Maya/

Final rig, some people at school used it, but i cannot say i found it pleasant to animate with, so I do not recommend it. The people that developes it doesnt seem to respond emails or whatsoever either when we wanted to buy it at school.

http://www.deathfall.com/article.php?sid=5881

It exists one more i heard of, but i dont remember what it's called. But I'd say the setup machine should do the trick for you. :)

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2007, 07:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.