PDA

View Full Version : About Anatomy Books

Desnoo
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello everyone, i need some anatomy books so i can study anatomy but i really don't know which one's i should get.
So i started this thread to know what advices you guys may have.

Thanks, cumps St.

Rebeccak
07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi there,

Try checking out this thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=202&t=257424

There are more books listed there than you need - however, if you can mention what kind of experience you already have, I may be able to help. :)

Desnoo
07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi Rebeccak :D thanks for helping, about anatomy i dont have any experience i want to start from 0.
I got in mind Burne Hogarth books they seam to be cool but i wanted to know more opinion's. Well im going to check that threath but if you know any good books im just listening.

Thanks for everything again! Cumps St.

Rebeccak
07-13-2007, 02:50 PM
If you don't have any drawing experience at all, not just with anatomy, then I recommend "The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" - by Betty Edwards. If you are just getting started with anatomy, but have previous drawing experience, then I recommend "Drawing Lessons from the Great Masters" by Robert Beverly Hale.

Desnoo
07-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Well im not really into drawing atm, i want to understand anatomy so i can apply it on 3d.
Im going to draw to, so i can someday do my own concepts and so on, but for now im more into an understanding of anatomy.
Or perhaps i dont know how to study it yet, and the easy way to understand it and keep it in mind is by drawing it, i dont know :(.
So should i go Drawing Lessons from the Great Masters" by Robert Beverly Hale?

Cumps St.

Intervain
07-13-2007, 04:29 PM
drawing lets you remember things easier - see how the muscles intersect... and well it's darn useful for 3d as well!

Desnoo
07-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi Intervain, i think the same way but i guess it will take me so many time to understand it and do it properly, some people say if you are in 3d you are not in 2d you must chooce if you wanna be good in something, so i really dont know how to proceed, cause in my point of view they are kinda connected, but anyway.
I just really know that i need to understand very well anatomy to reach my goal has a character design.
Even If i must draw to understand it properly well then bring it on. :D

Any advices are welcome and thanks for helping.

Intervain
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
well 3d's your main goal - I'd say focus on that by practicing modeling and draw in your spare time nonetheless! I'm not saying you have to be a master in 2d, just having an idea of how to get those shapes down will help - that's speaking from experience...

Desnoo
07-16-2007, 04:37 PM
hi again! ok Intervain thanks a lot for helping im gonna do that :D...

Cumps St.

CGTalk Moderation
07-16-2007, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.