PDA

View Full Version : how to clone parts on moving object? [c*4]

moonhopper
07-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Hello,

I've a problem with clonig moving parts:

- the footage is a moving (x,y,z) plate with a scratch (and trackingmarks)
- the scratch must be removed

and thats what I want:

- clone the nonscratched part alongside the scratch onto the scratch at each frame

here's what I've tried:

- above the footage layer I created a Layer [paint with transparent solid input] with clone brush strokes [frame lock open, source original footage] and removed the scratch
- this clone layer is tracked with the moving plate trackingmarks [source original, position/scale/rotation on]

the result:

- the position/scale/rotation of the brush strokes are tracked exactly
- the clone brush is fine at the first frame, but then the cloned parts are showing moving footage and not the pixels alongside the scratch as I wanted.

the question:

- how can I cause Combustion to clone always the part next to the brush stroke (i.e. x: -10, y: -20) to the brush stroke? Seems to be a simple task but where is the error of reasoning?

Thanks,
mhopper

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Is there frame locked (lock icon) to a specific frame? If you unlock it then it will change with every frame.

-Eric

moonhopper
07-12-2007, 04:22 PM
it's unlocked.

now I stabilized my clone source and it's working.But I'm not happy with stabilizing the clone source, because it affects the grain behavior. Is there no other way?

mH

thatoneguy
07-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Here's what you want to do:

Instead of animating the "line" you want to animate the stroke path.

Select the stroke path, and track each of the points directly. As the stroke changes it'll grab relative pixels.

moonhopper
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
thank you thatoneguy,

that works fine, as long as I use the paint line tool (2 controlpoints to track).
If I use the Stroked Freehand brush tool there are no control points.

Removing (moving) tracking marks is a common task - is it realy so complicated to do it with combustion?
mh

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-13-2007, 11:27 PM
moonhopper, you can convert the freehand to a normal paint object with control points. Use Object > Make Curve.

-Eric

moonhopper
07-13-2007, 11:59 PM
moonhopper, you can convert the freehand to a normal paint object with control points. Use Object > Make Curve.

ah ok - I'm coming closer:)... But it will be a lot of work if I have dozens of paint strokes to track. Is there no workaroud to solve that problem more comfortable?

To illustrate my problem I put som media online:

Videoclip on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8iFtimW8l8)

combustion screenshot on imagesup (http://www.imagesup.de/picture.php?code=c7jhxdbhtlnedq9xedow)

Zipped CWS with JPGs on rapidshare (press 'free' button to enter download page) (http://rapidshare.com/files/42775205/scratch_remove_problem.zip.html)

thanks again for help :thumbsup: !
mH

thatoneguy
07-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Track a Null. Use an absolute link to the null for each brush point's location and use it as an offset.

That way you don't have to retrack. Or you can Save/Load tracker data.

In the case of that lighter it seems like a single static frame would serve you better than a frame-change-locked clone.

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2007, 10:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.