PDA

View Full Version : API - Light Manipulator for Renderman

citronvert
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi, i want to customize the light maya for add some renderman parameters. No problem, but i want to create some manipulator like those who can see if active "Decay Region" in Display/ShowCameraLightManipulator when you are selecting a spotLight.

You can see some circle you can drag and drop, without changing the Context of the view because you alway have your translate manipulator active on your spot.

I don't want to use nurbs circle i can see i my outliner, so that why i was thinking to use a MPxLocator, and draw in OpenGl, but i can separate each part, like the "Decay Region" where each circle seems to be independant and i don't want to have a lot of Node in my outliner.

Thinking to use a MPxContext or MpxManipulator, but i don't very know withc way to follow. I future, i think this will be usefull for the setup guy, who will have no more lot of dummie in is outliner.

Thanks guy

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.