PDA

View Full Version : Robots Presentation, Haddes (3D)

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 10:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1052/canti_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1052/canti.jpg)

Hellooo Everybody ! (special hello to Lildragon ! :p )

here are new shots from my reel ! feel free to give me your opinion ! if any of you are intrested in getting higher rez pics,i just have to upload them if u want !!!

for the technic, everything as been done in max, no HDRI, no GI, just all good raytrace and some tricks for reflections.. :p

in some days the first animation shots will be ready !!!

Have a good time everybody

-- HaDDeS --
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/canti2.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti1.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/antares1.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/antares2.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/antares3.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/antares4.jpg

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 12:41 PM
hello back ! :)

for those who may be intrested, here is a wire frame of the mane robot :D

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/wire.jpg

GeneralChaos
03-24-2003, 12:43 PM
I like it :beer:

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey thanks a lot GeneralChaos !! :D

lildragon
03-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Son of a gun! you out did yourself this time bud :thumbsup: what a way to come back to the forum! I hope this time you stay for awhile longer ;) And like I told you b4 you never cease to amaze me with your technical prowess with your ligthing skills. Nice job man. [plugged]

How long was the render time? And when do we see the animation with the same quality? ;)

salud

BladeFX
03-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Very nice. :thumbsup:

Just a bit too dark to see some details.

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Hello back !!! thxxx a lot guys !!!

and Tito , i rendered the pics orginaly in 1600*1200 and it takes around 7 mins a frame (not that bad i think )

and yes i hope the final animation will be the same quality !

AND YES YES YES ill try to rest a bit more than usual LOL :p

talk to you soon !

and thanx again everybody for your support.

-- HaDDeS --

Iguiniz.X.
03-24-2003, 01:45 PM
excelent moddels,

quite nice positions they are in nd lighting although you don't c much detail.. ,plz post a front view normal renderd.. That would be cool..:cool:
The first pic really looks like the FLCL( Furi Kuri) Robot....
Is it him, or just seems to look like him.

really dig them:thumbsup:

neon9
03-24-2003, 01:50 PM
is the first robo inspired by the furikuri-anime? looks kind like the robot there...
i like the robos, but the lightning is a little bit confusing, you can't really see the details, it's to blurred in my opinion.

eager to see the animation!

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanxxx again everybody ! :D

so for the crits now, well yes everything is a bit dark, blurred, saturated, but it's the way i like things to be LOL so sorry for those who find it confusing ! :p

the final animation will be a bit more "clear" and understandable !

for the character, yep the main one is inspired from CANTi of the FLCL anime , but appart the head wich is also reworked everything is original :)

-- HaDDeS --

ChristophZollinger
03-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Great work,
especially the fact, thatīs all been done with the standart scanline renderer.

But I miss something in the background, itīs too clean.

unrealwarfare
03-24-2003, 02:13 PM
amazing work!

-mindcache-
03-24-2003, 02:14 PM
ahh~ Canti-sama suteki! :bounce:

mattie
03-24-2003, 02:17 PM
oh, very very nice :bounce:

but, its to much on the wire right now with the 2-sided wire + meshsmooth. so its quite hard to se how u cuted the edges :)

so, do u think we could se a wire without the meshsmooth? :)

btw, did u use epoly?

//mattie

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 02:21 PM
wowww :) i never expected so good feedback ! thaaaannnks a lot !

so for the wire ! yep i can try to post a low rez version of the bot, but note that some part have already been frozen at high level subd so . . . and what do you mean by "epoly" ? :)

zzzrByte
03-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Amazing work! :drool:
I especially like the first one.

Anyways, I know you said the blurred look is your style, but humour us... We really want to see it more clearly... At least I know I do.

Great work!!!
Do you have a website or somewhere where I can see your previous work?

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 02:42 PM
hello zzzrbyte ! :) i'll try to post a more clear view soon ! i promise i'll

for other peaces of my work huuuuuh ,(still dont have a website lol shame on me, but i'll try to give an adress to acess some of my previous work )

-- HaDDeS --

Revilo
03-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Holy Freakin Crap!!!

You'll have to excuse me I'm a noob but jeez thats crazy

I'm really likin them :)

rasmusW
03-24-2003, 02:59 PM
hey HaDDeS!!!

love 'em. what more can i say

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

can't wait to see the animation

Witchy
03-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Great work- what are they modelled in?

frameless
03-24-2003, 03:26 PM
:drool: thats just great. your skills are amazing

i rendered the pics orginaly in 1600*1200 and it takes around 7 mins a frame

what hardware do you use?

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 03:27 PM
hey for those who wanted, here are some more pics (more clear lol ) to see the models , they're taken from the animation !

-- Haddes --

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/1p.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/2p.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/3p.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/4p.jpg

SimeX
03-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Omg That Looks really amazing I really love it This is my first post here so let's make it a good one very nice work man perhaps you can lend me a model like that i would really want your model so i can make some sweet animations with it plz contact me or some else with high poly model on cashflowz@hotmail.com it also my msn adress and my icq is 120027646

RolandF76
03-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Excellent work !!!
Cool materials and shaders.
Amazing lights in render.
:thumbsup:

Wi_2
03-24-2003, 03:39 PM
wow
that's some really good stuff

awesome

Aeroplane
03-24-2003, 03:46 PM
man,these are cool!:applause: :thumbsup:

Roshka
03-24-2003, 03:47 PM
no guitars in the robot fight?

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 03:59 PM
LOL nope no guitar fight yet ! :) but the tool is ready don't worry ! lol lol

-- HaDDeS --

ToddD
03-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Nice models/render Haddes, how about some info on your lighting set-up? :thumbsup:
SimeX...... lend you the models? lol that's a good 1:shame:

TCP
03-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Simply WOW! I know how much folks like to see the little details on how one gets the final pic so thanks. But, the opening thread pics are amazing - I really love the effect you have done to them and would love to see the finished reel.

Is this a CG take on Rock'em - Sock'em Robots ?

nadeemmar
03-24-2003, 04:13 PM
wow
great work
specially on the materials and rendering time
i think 7 minutes per frame with this quality and size is awesome
how did you get that...??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom N.
03-24-2003, 04:16 PM
well hot damn, that wireframe is a peice of artwork in itself. they all look amazing

-Tom N.

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 04:19 PM
, :) thanx everybody for you support !!! i'll really try to do my best to make the anime as good as the pics !

:D

so far, for those who may want to know, there is nothing more than 3 lights in the scene for the first robot (the screen one ) one spot just right up him , and two omnis , all with fallof on . . .all the rest is reflection :D

-- HaDDeS --

Scientist
03-24-2003, 04:23 PM
There is some EYE CANDY. :buttrock:

Great work!!!!:buttrock:

the_real_cabal
03-24-2003, 04:23 PM
This looks amazing :D :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

greetings cabal

Carnifex
03-24-2003, 04:25 PM
You've done some incredible work with the lighting and the reflections in the surface. That's damn near movie quality if not better. Incredible, especially since your render times are so well controlled. Very, very nice work. I think it's time you did some lighting and surfacing tutorials.

Libor
03-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Those renders of your robo pets are masterpieces:applause:

You shloud really link to HI RES versions for interested (actually everybody:) )

No one shloud blame max scanline renderer from now...

By the way could you enlight your techniques for this kind of output? Superb output of course:D

akela
03-24-2003, 04:34 PM
NNNNICE!!!
can't wait to see the animation :drool:

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 04:37 PM
oki everyone, !! lol you want the high rez pics , here they are !!!

go there and u'll find the high rez pics unblurred, unglowed lol

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/highres

but be aware, they are 1600*1200 . . . :D

JonC
03-24-2003, 04:58 PM
I L.O.V.E. !T !!! It is a beauty!

I'd like to know with what did you make the fists images a little blurry and glowy?

maybe some dont like it, but I do!

Great Job!

ps: this Is my first post, to tell you my impression of it :p

JonC

PhillipCrond
03-24-2003, 05:01 PM
These are amazing! It's great to see robots made with such a fresh style. However, I see the first robot dancing instead of fighting. He looks like he could be in a Daft Punk video, poppin' and lockin'.

Brent

Neil
03-24-2003, 05:06 PM
What impressed me the most is how you did this with a standard renderer. 3 lights and under 7 min... nice job man. I like to hear this kind of stuff, i'm tired of seeing these renders that look good just because they have mental ray, etc.

Is the material phong w/ raytrace? What else did you do to the materials?

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Materials, are raytraced, with a very litle specularity , (around 10 ) very high glossiness, . . . and for the diffuse there is a fallof map with two gradients per map. The reflection is also a fallof with a bezier curve applied to the fallof, all the reflection are obtained with no more than 4 bounces , a sphere invisible to the camera is placed around the characters with a map applied to it with it's output component boosted in RGB level and output so that it gives this very bright effect. Shadows are advanced raytraced with a bit of blur and 4 quality setting (not that much )

finaly a glow is applied on the image. that's it :D

Well really there is nothing special , the biggest effect is given by the reflection , and it's the key i think.

:) sincerly yours

-- HaDDeS --

nadeemmar
03-24-2003, 05:16 PM
thaaaaaaaaaanx for the pics

on my desktop:bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Libor
03-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Already crunched hires pics:thumbsup:

I must say you did a great job on post production too. Compared to the raw renders boost min 25 percent up to the final look!:buttrock:

I think I would more concentrate on post effects too:eek:

Keep updating, want to see your anim soon:beer:

Syrogen
03-24-2003, 05:21 PM
next time i should wear a diaper before i view your stuff

LarsSon
03-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Really impressive!!!

About those blurry reflections. You said that you did some tricks with reflections. Do you have somekind of hidden reflection environments that are blurred or how are those beautiful reflections done. Can't get any other idea.

I agree that it's so nice to see basic scanline renderings. Not allways those grey lighting situation test's made with Brazil or what ever...

Amazing rendering time/quality!!!

ZVAN
03-24-2003, 05:32 PM
AiSh!!!! GOOD! NICE!!!!! coOL rEfLEcTioNs! :drool:

HaDDeS
03-24-2003, 05:32 PM
thanx Larson !

yep there is a sphere not visible to cam wich creates the reflection. I've applied a map that's ive done wich is blurred and boosted to bright up everything !

:D

hey it's time for me to go back home so i'll catch u all back tomorwo !!

ciao ciao

-- HaDDeS --

LarsSon
03-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Ok. I was late again.

Thanks for explaining your material and reflection setup. Have been playing a lot with those kind of situations, but you are still doing it much better. Is there any way to have sample material from your scene? Or are they really so simple as you told?

Inspired of raytracing again...thanks!

Mangled Poly
03-24-2003, 05:35 PM
awesome... i love the lights

strick9
03-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Amazing work.

I actually think I like the wireframe the best, It looks so damn cool with orange glow in the hands.

:drool:

mimo8
03-24-2003, 05:54 PM
yeah! the wirefrime realy rules

how did you get this yellow glow to the fingers.
ist it photoshop or a max thing

please tell us how u did it
:applause:

christianhaley
03-24-2003, 06:00 PM
...Beautiful stuff, man. All aspects are solid.

kudos!

peace

-C

slime
03-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Nice work! thumbsup:

I like the first and last images the most.
Too much blur IMO. The blurry effect is very nice, but I think you have abused it a little :)
The model is very good, but with a lot of resemblance to furi-kuri. I like the color setting very much. You have sense :D

Regards.

Dreamwave
03-24-2003, 06:17 PM
wow, great stuff, but what's the polyycount of those robots?

mindrot
03-24-2003, 06:26 PM
holy heck this is awesome work :eek:

Can't wait too see the animations :bounce:

PS>> wicked renders :thumbsup:

Artifex
03-24-2003, 06:27 PM
I just saw this thread. Very very butiffull work!!! One of the best renderings on the web!

Nice still, I love the red one!

cornel
03-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by HaDDeS
...no HDRI, no GI, just all good raytrace and some tricks for reflections..

^
|

someone I now really respect for this pieces,
great work !
I never come close to that quality even with using GI.

LPlasma
03-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Really good job, but you definately in the future (and when you put it on your reel/whatever) need to put where you got the character concept from. I mean, yes, it is obvious, but you shouldn't even imply that it's your own idea, because it's not. heh. Regardless though, good job.

Ravennome
03-24-2003, 07:28 PM
In the frist image it almost looks as if the robots hands are showing signs subSurface Scattering. Is that just a red light near the hands or what, maybe falloff?

Emre
03-24-2003, 07:44 PM
where are you from? alpha centauri?

phoenix2k
03-24-2003, 07:45 PM
wow, this is really amazing... great work with the lighting/rendering!!! :)

Krypton
03-24-2003, 08:03 PM
WOW! That is some of the best lighting I've ever seen. Very impressive. I don't think any of them are too dark.

Meka
03-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Just posting to say (as everyone else) : WOW :buttrock:

Russ
03-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Wooow Thats amazing :applause: :applause:

------------------------
See my Wip :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44803

:bounce:

DAREONER
03-24-2003, 08:32 PM
yeeeeee the rendering is very cool, good works

John Lee
03-24-2003, 10:19 PM
EXCELLENT WORK MAN!! I LIKE THEM ALOT!

Michael Chen
03-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Nice rendering, and lighting.

I like your technicallity :D

bedrock
03-25-2003, 02:13 AM
SIMPLY AMAZING!!! FANTASTIC WORK!

was there any photoshop touchups? How did you get that nice "over-exposure" soft glow on some of the lit edges? Very nice! Great render!

How long have you been working on those? Is it just polys?

Mr.FeelNothing
03-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Three thumbs up!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Cross
03-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Please tell us you're going to have a high bandwith version of this digital masterpeice, when it's complete.

The Cross
03-25-2003, 05:59 AM
Hello Haddes.

After looking at the high rez images you got there, i'm less speechless than i was before.

I somehow feel refreshed, as though i for the first time, seen a stunning peice of art.

Look at the design.....So brilliant, even looking at the same pose from a slightly different angle takes my breath away. I'm afraid the animation is going to give me a heart attack.

The Head.....The shape of it while it's looking down has a kinda t-rex shape to it......Did you do that on porpose ?

piajartist
03-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Darn all you too good modelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder all of these newbies piss themselves when they see quality like that!

Korgath
03-25-2003, 07:09 AM
:bounce: Very nice, 'nuff said.

lildragon
03-25-2003, 10:51 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, AWESOME job man congrats, the animation is going to be stellar!

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Incredible work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_mar03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

HaDDeS
03-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Hello Back everybody !

Thanks a lot for all your kind words, comments, crits i really appreciate your support, a special thanks to Lildragon and all the CGTALK team for the AWARD, Tito i really appreciate your support for everything i do and please be sure that i'll always try to do my best for the comunity :D

Now about this project , just a litle word to tell i won't now post anymore images or anims on this (sad sad sad) untill my compagny is fully created and the demo reel finished just to keep the effect untill the D Day, don't be mad at me about this decision but my partner and I really want to present the best of us so just consider this as a litle bite for the moment !

Again as soon as things will be ready, you people of CGTALK will be the first to see it !!!!

Thanks to everybody again !!! and as soon as i get a bit more time i'll post a link with samples of materials i've used in this scene !

See you soon everybody !

-- HaDDeS --
(Nicolas)

HaDDeS
03-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Hello everybody :D

I'm back !

Many of you asked me how the shaders i used in the robots scenes were done, and how globaly the scene was organised for lighting and the reflections. I first gave u some details on the procedure and told you i'dd post a sample scene with the shaders.

so here after u'll find a very simple scene with all the tricks i used in the "screen headed" robots scene :) it's the same background, the same technique, the same lights :D and of course shaders.

one last thing about the scene, it's a MAX 5.x scene only so i'm really sorry for those who don't have MAX 5 at the moment. Also it will surely warn u, u miss the CEBAS FINALRENDER DLL , but don't worry about this u don't need it at all ! it's just i use also final render and unfortunately saving a file also includes binding to my DLLs. Again, don't worry, u don't need final render or any radiosity plugz or whatever ! just load the scene go to the cam view and hit render ! :D then spend a litle bit time to try to understand (but don't worrt it's quite simple )

The scene renders in 1 min in 800*600 on my computer, i also tested it on a 800 Mhz athlon it renders in 3 mins 40 secs

To finish, some of you may say they'dd prefer a tut on this, well maybe but be curious !!!!! lol :D spend time trying to understand the scene, observe how it works ! i think it's far mor instructive than just applying step by step a tutorial. Of course if you have big troubles understanding it . . . lol i'll think about doing a tut then

no more blabla , here is the scene !!!!! :D have a good time
SAMPLE SCENE (http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/sample/sample.zip)

-- HaDDeS --

Lifthz
03-27-2003, 09:07 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! :bounce: :thumbsup: :applause: :beer: :buttrock:

The Cross
03-28-2003, 11:33 AM
<-------------------- Curious Maya user.

HaDDeS
03-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Hello everybody !!! :D

did anyone test the Sample file i've linked in my previous message ? :)

if yes it would be cool to get your impressions !

thanx in advance

-- HaDDeS --

neon9
03-28-2003, 02:04 PM
a written tut would be better because:

<-------------------- lightwave user

anyway, great step for publishining the scene :thumbsup:

facial
04-02-2003, 03:40 AM
Hey, Nice work, Love your lighting and effect feeling. post more.

M_Orlich
04-02-2003, 04:57 AM
super tight!

the lighting seems to be blowing out a lot of the detail on some of them, which it unfortunate because i want to see!

matthew

Chaos Maximus
04-02-2003, 06:12 AM
Hey,

awesome work, i just got a 1200x1600 monitor and now i have walpaper , thanks

the file works for me, so it should work for other 5.x maxers, thanks for the shaders.

I really need to do some shader tutorials to learn to make stuff like thoes, they are really really nice.

good luck, hope the company goes well

Chaos

kwanjul
04-03-2003, 05:28 PM
oh my god! i love it soooooooooo much man! when is the animation coming! pls let me know!

ALZHEM
04-03-2003, 11:15 PM
INCREDIBLELY WELL DONE. YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT MODEL WITH A GREAT ILLUMINATION.

AMAZING

HaDDeS
04-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Hello Back everybody !

thanks again for all ur kind words and support i really appreciate !!

About the animation, as soon as the website is up i'll post the link :D

Thanxxx Chaos for the compagny ! i also hope it will be fine, . . .LOL just miss now some customers . . .LOL

Anyway i'll keep you all informed

Talk to you soon everybody !

-- HaDDeS --

HaDDeS
04-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Hello everyone !!! :)

here are some new images of the main robot :) hope u'll like them toooooo ;)

(the rell is coming be patient , and don't worry i'll try to use this character as much as i can )

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/canti2.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/canti3.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/canti4.jpg
http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/canti5.jpg

Bye bye the chan ! :D

-- HaDDeS --

zzzrByte
04-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Beautiful! :airguitar:
Simply amazing work!
Please, keep posting!
Can we some some more detailed views (like this ones) of your other robot?

HaDDeS
04-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Hello :D

thanks a lot zzzrByte

:bounce: i really appreciate, for the detailed views i'll try to post more when the demo reel is out :)

also , the base for the two robots is nearly the same, just the heads and some part of the body are different (i'm a lazy guy sometimes lol ):cool:

anyway i'll keep posting for this !

thanks again every body for your support, (tonight i've got a bit of time so i'll find some post to answer to :p )

ciaooo ciaooo

-- HaDDeS --

zzzrByte
04-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Oooo, oooo!
I had to run here and tell you about it...
Check out http://www.cgtalk.com/expose/
Second picture on the left

How cool is that? :scream:

HaDDeS
04-08-2003, 07:40 PM
wow wow wow !!!! that's sooo cool ! :))))))

(i'll have to kiss lildragon for that !! lol :p )

Mystifyurmind
04-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Intriguing... can you explain to me how you made it so... reflective and yet realistically plastic overlay whatever you did. I'm at a lost of words. Your first mane guy looks to be FLCL influenced. Would i be off?

HaDDeS
04-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Hello Mystifyurmind

thanks a lot ! :) to answer your question well just have a look to my explanations some pages ago ! u'll know everything , and if u want just download the sample file :) u'll have at least the maps if u don't use Max ! :)

hope it will help you ! and don't esitate to come back if u have any problems !!!!

-- HaDDeS --

togusa
04-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Looks incredible... but to rip off FLCL.. and have it for your "company".. thats just lame.

hypercube
04-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Hmm..I missed the roundabout on this the first time, just saw the thread pop up..

First, this really is amazing stuff, and the original parts are fantastic, the modeling is great, look of the renders is awesome, BUT..

I do agree the head still looks too much like FLCL, since even after modification all the features of the original head are still present. Can see many echos of the original design in the rest of the body, but they are a full-on departure and feel totally original. I think it'd be worthwhile to alter further or rebuild, especially for such high profile exposure. Just feels like it should be one-or-the-other, either it's a 'version' of the original or it's 'yours', but seems like trouble if it's both, especially as a mascot. Could even argue about the poses, but that's really being picky about it.

Anyway just some personal bonehead opinions, I know this is a subjective issue, especially in CG. :shrug: I should just go back to lurking.

HaDDeS
04-16-2003, 01:41 PM
Hello back everybody :D

hypercube and togusa, :) thanks a lot for your coments and also for being that honnest !!! :)

so yes this character is a "reworked" robot from FLCL (Fuli kuli) from the Japane GAINAX studio.

All these pics have been sent to the Gainax, the designer of "kanchi" (Canti, the robot) and this for a special purpose.

Now on the fact it will be our mascot, no this robot won't be the Mascot of the compagny, :)
Anyway i'll keep you informed on the future of this as soon as i get more news :)

If you have any more quesitons or anything else you'dd like me to explain :) don't esitate

-- HaDDeS --

Randuin
04-20-2003, 07:50 AM
okay i now worship you :) you rock dude :)

TheRow
04-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Ok I have seen FLCL about 14 times.. and I most say.. WOOW...
U did it...

Ok next we all whant to see the whole series redone in full 3d hehe :p

maybe asking a bit to much but.. well.. DAMN!

Is it ok to worship you as a God?

keep ém coming

Zeruel the 14th
04-24-2003, 04:15 PM
I can't hold back any longer. Gotta post.

I loved FLCL. A fave anime of mine. (We love you Gainax!)
I also love these pics. So very cool indeed. Sexy and Shiny.

*Likes shiny objects*

Oh yeah, if ever you get a response from Gainax. Please, do tell. ^^

Now all thats needed now is a certain factory in the shape of an iron ;)

(btw, that image map for reflections, i think its pretty cool on its own. hmm, sexy lights...)

HaDDeS
04-24-2003, 07:19 PM
:D hello Everybody,

i'm very happy to see this thread is still up

I'm very happy u fans of FLCL like what i did ! it is really pleasing me as i really want this project to work !

About the Gainax, as i wrote before, i'll tell you what's going on as soon as i 'first' have news , and 'second' have the right to share it !! lol

anyway this would not have had so much impact without ur help so thanxxxx a lot again !! :bounce:

Zeruel, :) thanks for the reflection map, as this technic is now a very important part of my way to light up a scene, i consider normal :) to do it the best i can. Even if it's not what is the more obvious in the scene !! :D

Talk to you soon everybody !!

ciao ciao

-- HaDDeS --

clot
04-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Just freakin awesome. Especially the fact that you achieved it with the standard raytrace in MAX. Just awesome work.

skidd
04-24-2003, 09:33 PM
this work have a awnseone light efects

i think that the wireframe version is the best :)

congrats!

Mystifyurmind
05-04-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm back Haddes, here's my new SN: Nicklogic57. Other one got suspended. Ask me later.

I hope you'll see what i've posted up. f-4 phantom 2 (vietnam Era). It is my first real endeavor, texturing, modeling, camera, etc. Let me know what you think!

gustavogf
01-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Hi Haddes... I know it's a little late, but i only saw this thread today, when I notice your astoshing work in the CG Networks gallery.

I tried to download the sample scene you linked but there is no more of that scene in that link (wich is completely understandable after so much time)...

So, do you think you can link it again to some other server, or maybe e-mail me the scene?

Congratulations once again!

iDio is Me
01-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Dude, the first one looks like it's fromthe anime Fooly Cooly!!! Harrukon!!!! Nice job though

Mystifyurmind
01-08-2004, 03:57 AM
It has been awhile Haddes.

I have gotten alot farther along into my 3D and just haven't had time to post anything worthy up as of yet. I strive for Expose 3 whenever that may become a possibility. My style is of a more cartoon approach though my concept sketches of some future ideas are quite high in detail. Terris I call her, and she is a beaute.

Anyways, Get in touch with me again Haddes, or im me. My new SN is Nicklogic57. The previous one decided to liquidate itself after i stopped paying for aol.

Get it touch buddy! Hope to hear from you soon!

~Nick

DoLeeP
01-08-2004, 07:10 AM

I think U will have to work in T4
:drool: :drool: :drool:

GARA
01-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Im new, so I'll post now.

The piece is pretty sweet.
The render suits it IMO.
the Terminator andriod type.

Nice work, like the way its SUPER deformed terminator like :)

noiser
01-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Hehehe, the FLCL robot is really cool.
*Anime/First image*

ibeliveicanfly
01-15-2004, 08:08 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :buttrock: :buttrock:
wooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice !

graybay5
01-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Whoa!:drool:

Those 1st two pics are just amazing, Those are some awsome renders for something with no GI. It looks like subsurface scattering or something on the hands in the second pic. Great work!:bounce:

redbear
01-22-2004, 03:48 PM
can you re-post the sample scene ...?? i am a little late and would love t osee just how you achived that awesome image. thanks alot.

ower
01-25-2004, 11:54 AM
:D I was just about to ask the same thing redbear, or see if anyone still has them saved and could pass em on

HaDDeS
01-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Hey everybody there !!!! :D

sorry for being out so long ! I was very busy lately and didnt have one second for me :( so for you all . . . sorry for that !

Now on the scene, i was not able to keep it on the server but i'll try to exhume it from my HD or at least build something similar and put it back here

thank your for your understanding !

see you soon on board ! :D

-- HaDDeS --

Chipper
01-29-2004, 06:12 AM
Man those bots are truly awesome...i really like them both...these guys need to be in the movies so everyone can appreciate em!
Well done HaDDeS...truly inspiring.

Samael no Oni
01-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Those are incredible. I love the lighting. :bowdown:

BolognaGenocide
01-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Hey, you did a pretty nice job on your robots. What really stands out to me is the snazzy appearance of the metallic surfaces. Could you direct me to any online references/tutorials (or even BOOKS) where I could find out how to create the effect you did? Thanks!

DoLeeP
02-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Absolutely stunning work

Jason85
02-13-2004, 11:31 AM
:buttrock:

i like the 4th pic, he looks REALY agressive!!!

nice! ;)

rsjrv99
02-18-2004, 04:28 PM
:drool: :drool: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Alejandro P.
02-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the idea of the first robot has been taken from Furi-Kuri Anime?

SpaceCowboy_101
03-30-2004, 09:37 PM
iv jus joined the forums and jus saw flcl and this is the best 3dmax creation that iv ever seen. can someone plz post a link to the dl of ALL of the high res images that haddes has shown?

biggyninja
03-31-2004, 05:50 AM
very nicely lit, i like the baby terminator one, very cool.

puppetmaestro
04-01-2004, 12:29 PM
I know I'm late, but could someone mirror the sample.zip file plz?

I'm dying to know how he pulled this off, but it's gone :cry:

Ch3
04-01-2004, 06:25 PM
crasy stuff.
a combination between good lighting/shading, modeling and composition.

BrettHolton
04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
that is crazy, very good work.. love the reflections

davids
04-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Great work dude.. someone posted it about 40 pages ago but ya its totally movie quality. If someone could post the SAMPLE.ZIP file i'd really like to take a look at that.

dman3d
04-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Great work! Pulling it off nicely w/o GI or HDRI, bravo.

I believe Epoly refers to "Editable Poly"

Cheers :beer:

irahus
04-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Yoou Rock!:buttrock:
Congrat!!

maxrelics
04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
simply awesome

BrettHolton
04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
i just want to see a guitar!! :thumbsup:

majofo
04-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Man, that is soooo amazing
Good job!!
Nice!
Sweet!
WOW!!

zsz
04-09-2004, 03:06 AM
it is so cool!

Dutchman
04-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Too awsome for words! :eek: This is really the greatest 3D stuff I saw today ;) :) Great style... Material reminds me of terminator :rolleyes:

X1999
04-11-2004, 02:51 PM
bloody amazing!

infectedMIND
08-30-2004, 12:52 PM
very nice :) :)

Good Job!!!

DjinnShadows
08-30-2004, 04:21 PM
wow, impressive man !

Scarvin
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
wow, i love those characters :thumbsup:

Does someone still has the sample scene?
If yes then please send me a pm and I'll send you my mail adress.

Thanks

Ky2k
08-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Absolutely greatttttt:thumbsup:

RGBam
08-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Its great when robots and skeletons connected in one model - cryful and splendid:thumbsup:

WHH
08-31-2004, 01:58 AM
wowit is amazing

silentsamurai
09-15-2004, 04:43 AM
these are really really awesome... I like their photorealistic quality and that's what makes these images. the wire frame astounds me man. How did you just not eat up your machine with that?

Fantastic job.

silent samurai

anarkis
12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
oh my good :eek: :eek: :eek:

you are my god master :bowdown: :bowdown:

MOTEROX
02-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Hey! i love your canti designs! do you have a ccount in Deviantart?

Rawk
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Now This Is DAAAAAAA BOOOMMMMBBBB!http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.