PDA

View Full Version : so about xstream

techmage
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
E-on are you ever gonna get this bug free enough to be reliably usable in production?

I mean it's been like what 5 months? I still havent been able to use it in a project because incorporating a crash every 10 minutes into my workflow is not one I want to practice.

So are there even plans to make it reliably usable? I mean is there even a light in sight for it or are you still wondering this yourselves?

kevnich00
07-11-2007, 02:44 PM
What is it you are trying to do?
I use it pretty successfully here, and the latest patch has decreased the frequency of crashes.
I doubt that e-on has read your post...have you tried contacting support with your particular problems?

Ge0m3tRiC
07-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Im afraid I would have to agree with this. I finaly got the plugin running in maya 8.5 only to discover that mental ray renders (the render engine i licensed with) come out with blck patches and some just cause maya to give me a fatal error message. This program has so much potential but I dont feel this is an example of production quality work:T

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3706/wtfoa6.jpg

AnthonyC
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I had the same problem rendering out from Max's Mental ray, but no more after I installed the latest build.

Ge0m3tRiC
07-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Latest build def helps, but a lot of my renders still crash:T Im sticking wif infinity for now as it has no bugs I have found and works just fine.

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2007, 04:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.