PDA

View Full Version : MEL exercises resources?

QuantumBoy
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello All,

So, I'm starting to get into the wonderful world of MEL scripting and I was wondering if there were any resources where I could go through simple exercises to progressively test my skills in?

It seems like in a lot of tutorials I see they go through examples but don't really give you any exercises to "chew on" to see if you really know the material.

trancor
07-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Well, I think the best exercises would be look around on highend3d.com and find a mel script that seems easy enough and try to mimic it. The good thing about doing that is you can take apart the highend mel code to see how the scripter made the code if you get stumped.

I know what I did was remembered back to my days in highschool messing around with my ti calculator making some crazzy graphs, so I desided to use the math in those graphs to make them 3d, that forced me to explore making things move with sin and cosine and from there I just went off. As long as you know how to do something, you don't need to test yourself, just start making things that can help you out or look really really neat. Yeah, you better believe I made a whole lot of spheres flying in circles making crazzy ass shapes using for loops and sine and cosine.

QuantumBoy
07-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a good idea..Thanks :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2007, 08:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.