PDA

View Full Version : Using blendWeighted inputs as outputs

scottiedoo
07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, have a question althought I have tested this but I wanted to get some other opinions on this.

I have several set driven keys funneling into a typical blendWeighted node and then the output of the blendWeighted going into an object. What I want to do is add another plug into the blendWeighted from another source but I also need all of the information going to that blendWeighted except that particular plug.

Now I tested this and Maya allows me to use the inputs of the blendWeighted node as outputs so I can take all of the inputs and connect them into another blendWeighted to be used as I need. Here is a little diagram of what I mean:

http://www.scottenglert.com/media/temp/bwQuestionDiag.gif

Above there are inputs going into blendWeighted1 and I am taking those inputs and using them to input into blendWeighted2 then that info get passed along to a group1. control1 is a child of group1 and I want to take an output of contol1 and plug it back into blendWeighted1 but that plug does not get fed into blendWeighted2 so its adding into the group1.

Now you may ask, well why don't you just grab from the source of the blendWeighted1 rathe than inputs, well it make my graph pretty messy and harder to read it will be easier to know what the values are when they are all in the same spot and that is why I wanted to ask everyone here about what they think or have a better suggestion.

I do need to keep the graph as far as the original path created by Maya as adding my own utility nodes just complicate things if a new set driven key is added or something.

Anyways, and questions let me know. I hope I explained everything clear enough.

Thanks for your help
-Scott

scottiedoo
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Anyone? No one is even looking at my posts, am I invisible or something hehe..

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.