PDA

View Full Version : Orient constraint mangling rig

Khaos
03-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Hi, guys

I'm rigging trying to constrain a control curve to my rigs root joint. The point constraint goes on fine, but when I orient constrain; the spine rotates 180 degrees. I remember reading somewhere that you can somehow duplicate and panet a joint somehow to fix the constraint problem. But I haven't a clue on how to actually do it. :shrug:

Anyway, anything in the way of help would be much appreciated.
:love:

Thanks

Doogie
03-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Why not just parent the curve to the joint. Is there really anything above your root joint (other than maybe a locator)?

but to solve your problem.... the quick and dirty way is. Find out exactly what's rotating (and how much). Then when you orient constrain, use the "-o float float float".

something like below

orientConstraint -weight 1 -o 180 0 0;

Good Luck!

nottoshabi
03-26-2003, 08:07 PM
What I usualy do is go into component mode select the joint and rotate, its much easier. Also when you rig is verry important that you zero out all your joints before any kind of constraints or parenting.

MosaFacku
03-26-2003, 08:26 PM
what i usually do is create a locator and point and orient constrain it to the joint in question. then, i break connection on the locator, then orient constrain the joint to the locator. then i go make the locator a child of whatever nurbs curve i want to control the joint with.

its probably a lot of work for a simple result, but hey, it works. :airguitar

Khaos
03-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Thanks Guys! :beer:

I solved the problem but thanks for the info, I should have thought of some of at least one of those. Case of target fixation I guess. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.