PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Larry Phillips

LarryPhillips
07-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Larry Phillips has entered "Strange Behavior (Animation)".

LarryPhillips
07-10-2007, 01:31 AM
First timer shooting for a 2 min. short. We'll see how it goes. *cringe*

Brainstorming / outlining some story ideas now. Will probably do this for another week at least.

Good luck everyone!

LarryPhillips
07-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Narrowed down to two possibilities:

Old lady on subway subjected to the antics of various strange characters.

or

Crewmember on spaceship starts behaving strange and ends up freaking out. Maybe he's an undercover robot with a short circuit or, even better, possessed by an alien of some sort.

I'm leaning towards the second premise for various reasons. Mainly because I've had a 'nutty spaceship crew' idea for a series rolling around in my head for months now. Also, I'm thinking similar characters in uniforms will be quicker to get modeled, textured, and rigged than the widely different characters I had in mind for the subway bit.

I also fear the difficulty and time it will take me to work out the choreography of so many characters in the cramped space of a subway car. This is my first project and I'm inexperienced. I have to make as much time as possible for the animation work.

I realize the 'possessed by an alien' bit has been done to death on TV but really, I'm doing this mainly to get a workflow worked out for myself and some serious practice on a real project. I would probably die from surprise if I actually won anything, no matter what story I settle on.

I could change my mind tho. I'm going to give myself a few more days before I start working on character design, script, storyboarding. I'll post an outline when I work things out and make up my mind.

This ramble is more for me than for you btw. Thanks for reading anyway, and any advice / opinions / crits are welcome during my journey here.

Btw I'm a Blenderhead. It's up to the task. We'll see if I am.

Party on.

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2007, 05:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.