PDA

View Full Version : Maya FUR

spiderman3
07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi i am very new to maya fur, i want to put fur for one of my character, so if anyone can help me out in terms of tutorials or concepts of fur plz...................

trancor
07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, I learned just by messing around with every option, attribute, and pulldown I could find, but here is a link with a few tutorials on it

http://www.learning-maya.com/60-0-cloth--fur-tutorials.html

But my concept behind fur, if I can get away without it, I don't use it. It jacks up the render time by a large ammount.

And also look into fur painting, I forget what menu it's on, but you can paint directly on the object in black and white and it will draw in the fur map on the model.

Also just look through maya help for fur stuff - F1

wallabee
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Just as a word of encouragement, I just want to say that the above advice is sound advice. It can be frustrating to start out with dynamics and not really know where to start or how things work, but everyone learns by the time consuming process of playing wtih every attribute alongside reading the Maya help files to see what each attribute does.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.