PDA

View Full Version : Color Deterioration

mardicar
07-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I prepare photos in Photoshop CS2 and then open them in Corel Painter X to use as a basis for a painting. When I finish the painting and then open it in Photoshop again, the color has deteriorated significantly. The contrast and saturation have decreased. Is there any way to avoid this problem?

JimGoshorn
07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Are you making sure that you are using the same color space in both? If I have an image in Photoshop in the ProPhoto color space, I have to have Painter's color management set to use Kodak ROMM color space in Painter otherwise the colors and contrast look wrong.

Jim

mardicar
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Thank you. I thought I had them the same, but I don't think I did. I have now changed it and will see what happens.

evanfotis
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Don't know if this applies, but if you have a layer in Painter as Gel or similar mode, it opens in PS as Darken mode, so it doesn't have the same appearance, and the contrasts are apparently lost.
Changing the layer to Multiply mode in PS usually corrects it.

mardicar
07-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Thank you. That is helpful to know.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2007, 03:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.