PDA

View Full Version : liquid text

Emmet
07-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi all i have a basic knowledge of c4d and i recently got realflow i need to creat text which spells milk, but i want it animated like a splash of milk falling on a table, any ideas for where i might find a tutorial ?

Thanks Emmet

flingster
07-07-2007, 09:22 PM
absolutely no idea..possibly adapt a tut from nextlimit there might be broader range of tuts for other apps which might be adapted...also repost this in the main c4d area might get more response from c4d and realflow users...this is usually where people post their tuts or at least that was the intension at the time...hope this helps. would it be a case of filling the milk text object and then opening the bottom of it and let the liquid pour out...or drop the milk text with liquid and on impact or just before impact hide the text object? ..

stevester1
07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Create your text object within c4d (spline) and extrude it (extrude nurbs), set it up however you want. Make the nurbs primitive editable (hit c) and connect all the "pieces/caps" together (crtl a then right click connect). Delete unnecessary geometry. Create your table, actually, for simulation purposes, create what ever part of the table will be exported to realflow. Once that is done, hit crtl a, before doing so, make sure all objects are editable, and all your polys should be selected, then right click and triangulate them babies. Then using the rf export plugin, export your geometry to realflow.

In realflow, create a fill object emitter, choose your text object, and voila.

Emmet
07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks, thats very helpful, but my problem now is, the plugins for c4d when i put them in the plugins folder dont show up in c4d?
Thanks all the same ill figure something Cheers,

flingster
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks, thats very helpful, but my problem now is, the plugins for c4d when i put them in the plugins folder dont show up in c4d?
Thanks all the same ill figure something Cheers,

any message in console?

Emmet
07-10-2007, 07:37 AM
another member has informed me that this is a common problem and that they are beta-testing the plug-in.
So we will need to wait until its ready.

ChristianZ
07-10-2007, 02:40 PM
The new version of the plugin is here ! Check the usual download area.

AND there is also a new version of RF (4.3.6.0121).

Emmet
07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
For a moment i feld relief i downloaded the new plugins, and it's still the same, the only one that shows up is the NL Realflow Mesh Loader. I think i need a drink, thanks for the info anyway, all the best Emmet

soccerrprp
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry you're having problems, but the newest plugin works fine here (actually a friend who has it in R10.1).

May want to uninstall and reinstall.

Hope this helps.

Richard

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.