PDA

View Full Version : Pulling across screen

sjcrompo
07-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi

I have a couple of CG clips that I have rendered out of Cinema 4d as PAL footage at 25 fps.

They are both similar clips in that something appears from the left side of the screen and goes across the screen to the right.

The problem is that it looks like it is being pulled across with a pully ie jerky. I have tested upper and lower first also I have checked for dropped frames, but I still cant get to the bottom of it.

Has anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

trancor
07-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't picture what you're trying to explain. Could you upload some screen shots / rendered frames?

sjcrompo
07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi

All it is is a 3d scene with things moving about and the letter g. I want the letter g to appear from the left hand side travel across the screen to the right hand side with smooth motion. The letter g is integral to the 3d scene which is why I cant just animate a letter from within AE.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer.

Thanks

Steve

trancor
07-08-2007, 06:00 AM
it's integrated into the clip? well that isn't fun. Can't jsut rerender the scene from cinema 4d?

You can always rotoscope the g out and move it. Using the pen tool, turn on auto roto on the top bar and make a mask and mask out the g and move it in from the side of the screen. Takes a bit of time though.

or if the g is a specific color you can key it out with a quick key, to an auto trace on the masked layer and take off the key and delete the masks that arn't the g that are produced, this will mask it pretty well as a fast way to do it.

sjcrompo
07-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the workrounds. The problem though I have about 7 of these clips. If I watch the stills as an avi not through AE there is not an issue. Something within AE is doing the jerky thing. BTW same problem if done through Premiere pro too.

I have searched the internet and it would seem that I am not the only one.

Someone even remarked that they had the same problem as me and ran there still through one of the cheaper or even free programmes and there was no problem at all.

I think I will have to bear it in mind for any future projects.

Again thanks for your help.

Steve

Mylenium
07-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the workrounds. The problem though I have about 7 of these clips. If I watch the stills as an avi not through AE there is not an issue. Something within AE is doing the jerky thing. BTW same problem if done through Premiere pro too.

Huh? Most likely you're simply not interpreting the footage correctly. Make sure your footage interpretation matches your render settings and after that your composition settings match your footage interpretation. Upper field first is correct for PAL broadcast. Your resolution must be 720x576 pixels with an PAR of 1.0667. And for what it's worth:

Never check interlaced footage on the computer only!

Naturally you will see the field artifacts on your monitor, but they will not interfere with the output. So for all intents and purposes: burn a DVD or use proper video hardware (capture card, editing system) to preview your stuff on a TV/ broadcast tube. Most likely what you perceive as a wrong handling of your fields is completely correct in technical terms.

Mylenium

sjcrompo
07-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the advice Mylenium. I will check it all out again just to make sure. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
07-08-2007, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.