PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max float controller

Onslaught_2000
07-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi can anyone help me with float controller for setthing up my rig in max? I'm trying to get help form anyone who has use float controller in both 3ds max 6 and max 8. I'm using a video tut what shows you how to do it in max 6, but i have max8 and it looks and founction is not the same as in max 6. So if anyone can help me please give me an answer. i will get into more details.

eek
07-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Fire away - what are you trying to do?

Onslaught_2000
07-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi i will try my best to explain my problem. This is my first time trying to set up a rig for my model, so i wanted to do it right. I got myself a copy of the cg-academy riging dvd and I'm going trought it step by step so i can get the hang of setting up a costome rig for my model. My problem starts when i reach the part on the dvd where i need to use reaction controllers to get a smooth transation one bone to the next bone in the chain. I was abel to follow ever thing in the dvd untill i saw the reaction controller setup the guys was using is in a verin of max 6, and it did not look anything like the max 8 verion. Here a some scene shots from the dvd, and also from the verion of max8 so you can see the diffrence. as you can see in the screen shots both windows look diffrent and i am puzzled by how to use it, becanse in max 6 you get a window for each reaction controller you want to add to the bones you want to get a smooth transation form, but in max8 it gives you the same window and also you can see options you dont see in max8 that are in max6. I'm trally trying ot understand it, and have been messing with it for awhile not, but i cant seem to get the resaults the guy got who worked on the dvd. So if anyone has done this tut and know about using both verison of reaction controller please help me.
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egray_fox001/Max6ReactionControllerWindow.JPGhttp://home.earthlink.net/%7Egray_fox001/Max8ReactionControllerWindow.JPG

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2007, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.