PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Daryl Dunlap

TwinSnakes
07-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Daryl Dunlap has entered "Strange Behavior (Animation)".

TwinSnakes
07-13-2007, 04:35 PM
After talking it over with my kids...we came up with a perfect skit for my animation entry. It's a play on exclusive racsim, but done in a dave chappelle kind of way, where it's funny by not overly offensive.

The skit goes something like this: This black cop is totally country, with the cowboy boots, and a 10 gallon hat, a twig in his teeth and pumpin Shania Twain on the radio. He's doing speed patrol behind a advertisement sign on the highway at night. Then a car speeds by, its a black couple who's racing to the hospital because the wife is in labor.

There's some comical banter back-and-forth between the cop and the black couple. All the while, other cars are passing by the scene - with white occupants, who are committing various more serious offenses than speeding, and being ignored and in some cases assisted by the black cop.

This would fit better in the short film area, but you have to stick to their script. So I'll be using the full 3 minutes in the animation category to do this little skit.

TwinSnakes
07-31-2007, 10:30 PM
After working on the script some....it became clear that its really hard to do funny material in this vein without it becoming stale... very, very quickly. (please see any wayons bro's movie for reference)

So I decided to be controversial in another staple. The tortoise and the hare. This story will chronicle how the Tortoise family attempts to finally win the annual race against the Hare Dynasty.

Rough draft synopsis: Several pre-race interviews that build the back story and show how past failures and winners coped with their respective situations and dealt with the internal pressure from their families to succeed. Followed by a couple of pre-race commericals ala SNL. Then culminate with the main event with all the fan fare and adulation.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2007, 10:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.