PDA

View Full Version : Maya Api question

Troydm
03-23-2003, 12:53 PM
I have problem with Maya Api !! A simple script from the dev kit docs is not working I am trying to compile it using Microsoft visual studio Net but the plugin doesn't loads .Say's that the initialyze Plugin function is missing but the initialize function is set properly
Any solutions ???

playmesumch00ns
03-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Have you remembered to export the initializePlugin and uninitializePlugin symbols this sounds like your problem? In your project options its in ummm shoot I can't remember where now sorry, but, as always, hit F1 and it's all covered in the docs.

playmesumch00ns
03-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Just got tripped up by this myself! It seems VS.NET refuses to load these options in when it converts the project. Specifically, go to project options, the Link section, then Command Line. In the additional options box, add the following:

/export:initializePlugin /export:uninitializePlugin

et voila, it works.

Troydm
03-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Thanks mann it worked !!! Just one more question . In docs there is a Maya plugin wizard that installs to Devoloper Studio automaticly when you install Maya .When I was installing Maya I didn't had Microsoft visual Studio Net. But now I have it. I tryed to reinstall Maya but no wizards where installed to MS Vis Stud Net.
How can I solve this prob ???

playmesumch00ns
03-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Not sure if it will work with .NET, might only work for VC++ 6. I haven't tried to get it working for .NET. What I do is set up my own base project file as per the documentation, then make a copy of this and use it as my starting point. This way I can also get the all the boring setup stuff out of the way too.

Actually I find it is normally a very good idea to use one of the devkit plug-ins as a startiing point: find one with a similar function to the one you want to write, then just go in, rip it apart and add your code. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.