PDA

View Full Version : nCloth question

booboo4ever
07-06-2007, 02:36 AM
i am trying to use a technique that works for softbodies on nCloth to set up the initial state.

when using softbodies, and i need to set up the initial pose of an object that is different than what the softbody was created at, i just set all the weights for each vertex(particle) to one, play one frame, it 'jumps' to the pose, and i save the initial state.

with nCloth (which i am forced to use in this particular case) i am trying to run it up for about 50 frames or more but i can never really get it to the correct place. i have tried to find an attribute that is similar to making all the goal weights one on a softbody to make the cloth 'jump' to the correct starting pose - which of course is different than the pose it was created at.

does anybody have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

thanks ahead for any help!

Vincent

Neill
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi booboo4ever, have you tried "Rigidity" or "Input Mesh Attract" parameters of the nCloth? IMHO, u can set several keys for this parameters to control behavior in needed manner

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.