PDA

View Full Version : in need of competition (monitors/tablets )

cerreto
01-05-2002, 12:03 PM
ok im asking this because im thinking of getting either the sony 24 inch monitor or wacoms new tablet that you paint on the actual screen both aorund the 1900.00 mark im wondering if ther eis any news of prices falling on these and am still trying to decide which i would benifit more from but in my opinion the prices are a litlle high especially when you consider you can get a hdtv 40 inch for 2000 where i live 2 years ago the same tv was 5000 im hoping sony gets a lil competiton to drop the price it is a solid monitor and worth good money but preatty pricey at least for me

opinions ?

Joebount
01-05-2002, 02:56 PM
If I'm not wrong the wacom's resolution is only 1024*768.
I'd prefer buy a good 22" from sony and an Wacom A4. If you already have the waco, go for the 24" !

potempkin
01-08-2002, 06:47 PM
it seems that Sony's professional line of CRT monitors (the ones with the different aspect ratio) basically stay the same price from year to year. I remember looking that that same range (heh-heh....only looking :) ), years ago, and being blown away that the price was almost the same as my the comuter I was buying (~US$2000). I think that you can probably count on the price not dropping anytime soon.

I'd stay away from the new Wacom tablet, but that's just my preference.

If you're looking for screen size, wouldn't you be better off purchasing two large-ish monitors (maybe 21 inches or so each), and doing a dual monitor setup?

Either way, you might end up kicking yourself come the next year or two due to the advances in LCD screens.

Just a thought. good luck! :)

studiomiguel
01-21-2002, 02:52 PM
I have a Wacom PL400 (I think that's the model number) and it's really a kind of useless. Yes it's very cool, and the clients all think it's terrific. But I use the direct draw feature rarely, opting instead to rely on my 12x12 wacom standard tablet and dual monitor setup. Definitely go for more/larger monitors and a good sized tablet, It's a better use of your cash.
As fore prices going down. I paid as much for my older model as the new one costs, so, I'm sure prices will drop as soon as Wacom releases a new model and not a minute before. The cost of the smaller model I have remained stable for about two years until the released the new model.

Raptor235
01-21-2002, 03:42 PM
Forget that Sony monitor and go for the 22" Wide Screen Cinema display it's freaking great about the same price I think you have to get a converter to work with a pc but flag 22" monitor beats the hell out of the Sony 24"

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.