PDA

View Full Version : Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Daniel Laszlo

safakilemur
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Muhahahaha, it begins! This is D.Laz, the one man team :) It's going to be a toughy doing it solo, but I've been working solo every since the beginning of highschool (not many people shared the same passion for movie directing in highschool as I did, lol) . And I haven't actually done any short films in CG yet. I graduated from highschool last year (yes, I still a youngling, lol), and I took a part time course to learn some maya basics, to have a basic understanding of CG in movie production. But short course got me hooked on maya, and I've been learning tonnes of stuff on my own for the last year, and I've gotten into alot of other software since. I prefer live action over CG, but I can't afford a good video camera anyway, so might as well do everything from scratch in the computer, lol, as long as it puts my imagination onto the screen for others to enjoy. So yes, I'm still a beginner. But now is the time to go all out on what I've learned this past year. So I wish everybody luck, And I'm hoping you all wish me the same :)

NuclearBaboon
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Good luck mate!

safakilemur
07-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanx chum :D

safakilemur
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
So my story is good to go. The way I treated it was to have it in short increments, I'll just refer to them as scenes. So I have the screenplay and script for the first two "scenes" Down packed. And today what I'm going to do is to complete a time accurate storyboard animatic of those two first incriments. The reason I think this is important is because the 4 minute limit. I'd have ideas for like 30 different scenes, but I'm guessing 4 minutes will be able to fit at the max 5 of my incriments. Well I got to wait and see with my animatic to see how long the first 2 scenes will be. Then I can complete the animatic for the last couple of scenes.

Do you know what I'm having trouble with? Deciding how to present the opening titles, cause it has to be pretty hasty for a film this length. Well it'll come to me eventually :) Probably it'll be one of the last things to come to me, just like the title of the film, haha.

safakilemur
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I feel really dumb asking this, but how do you upload pictures and stuff? I only have a free basic account, and the little rulebox at the bottom of my thread says "You may not post attachments". So I'm hoping I can upload somehow else or something

Nevermind, found an answer to my problem

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.