aeres
07-05-2007, 03:11 AM
What in the name of...:eek:

colkai
07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Wow - talk about retro! :scream: :p

softdistortion
07-05-2007, 11:39 AM
ROFLOL...Is it April 1st again? ...I don't think OGL was invented back at that time. :)

abuminalis
07-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Hehe, so funny, should be some modeling contests with old software.

TrueArt Support
07-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Hehe.. Nasty! There was no original Amiga with 8 MB of memory.. ;) You're running it on emulator :)

cgpoint
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
... I have the problem with this build of lightwave also, my dongle didnt recognize the build

ivanze
07-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Hehe.. Nasty! There was no original Amiga with 8 MB of memory.. ;) You're running it on emulator :)

If I can remember the amiga that I used had 32MB of Fast Ram and 2MB of Graphic or slow Memory.

TrueArt Support
07-06-2007, 07:01 PM
If I can remember the amiga that I used had 32MB of Fast Ram and 2MB of Graphic or slow Memory.

Yeah. Chip ram was available to cpu and hardware chipsets like video, sound, disk I/O and other external that uses DMA. It was many many times slower than fast memory (available to only cpu - we wrote famous Amiga software FBlit & FScreen to allow using fast memory for keeping bitmaps and screens in fast; I was personally responsible for making FScreen PowerPC port on A1200 with BlizzardPPC and A3000/A4000 with CyberStormPPC accelerator cards). A1200 chip ram had 2 MB/s transfer (compare with current memory speeds - 400 MHz DDR-2 has 3200 MB/s transfer, that's 1600 times faster than Amiga chip memory speed ;) )..

ivanze
07-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Wow!! I didn't know you were that old. :)

The Amiga was really cool. I bought it when the Amiga 1000 came out.

abuminalis
07-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Przemysław:

Now i know who to thank for, fscreen. Cheers.

Cageman
07-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah. Chip ram was available to cpu and hardware chipsets like video, sound, disk I/O and other external that uses DMA. It was many many times slower than fast memory (available to only cpu - we wrote famous Amiga software FBlit & FScreen to allow using fast memory for keeping bitmaps and screens in fast; I was personally responsible for making FScreen PowerPC port on A1200 with BlizzardPPC and A3000/A4000 with CyberStormPPC accelerator cards). A1200 chip ram had 2 MB/s transfer (compare with current memory speeds - 400 MHz DDR-2 has 3200 MB/s transfer, that's 1600 times faster than Amiga chip memory speed ;) )..

WoW! I remember using FBlit in my S:User-StartUp before I upgraded to Mediator/Voodoo 3 combo... :) Didn't know you were an old Amiga-programmer! Cool stuff indeed! :)

TrueArt Support
07-09-2007, 12:05 AM
WoW! I remember using FBlit in my S:User-StartUp before I upgraded to Mediator/Voodoo 3 combo... :) Didn't know you were an old Amiga-programmer! Cool stuff indeed! :)

I have Mediator & Voodoo 3 card too.. :) And PegasOS PowerPC G3 600 MHz too.. If you're subscribed to Amiga-Mediator@Yahoogroups.com you should know me from there, I was quite active on that list - I was the one who reverse engineered Elbox's pci.library and sent Elbox a couple informations about bugs in it.. Week later they started using this silly executable encoding algorithm to not allow poor programmers see their resourced executable, and added code that was randomly trashing hard disk RDB (on PC it is called MRB; in other words hardware making company added in their drivers code that was destroying disks if it thought was run by cracker)..

8 years ago I also wrote sound card driver for C-Media PCI cards that was run on Mediator with Virge or Voodoo3 graphics card (for DMA between sound to gfx card, and then to AHI). That was ages before Elbox made their PCI cards driver pack, and before Martin Bloom's Sound Blaster Life AHI driver.. I love Martin - he is one of the nicest programmers & persons I ever met.. :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2007, 12:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.