PDA

View Full Version : reformatting and win2k

AroundTheFur
03-22-2003, 10:36 PM
ok so im runnin winxp and its starting to piss me off(buggy) in some ways. so im gonna reformat and isntall win2k this time. problem is before when i wanted to reformat id have to do a quick restore to me(What my system came with) then upgrade. i have since then added all new components but anyway, do i just reboot, run fdisk, format the drive with one ntfs partition, then stick the 2k disc in and boot from it, and then install? or is there a way to do that directly from the disc itself. ive really gotta clean the crap outa here, its driving me mad. thanks

shadow
03-22-2003, 11:40 PM
You can do it within the win2k installation.

Start the setup and wait until they ask you what partition you want to use. Delete your old partition (one of the options) and then make a new partition. Choose that one and the next question will be if you want to format it in FAT32 or NTFS, quick or full. Choose Full NTFS and wait till it's ready :)

Good luck!

singularity2006
03-23-2003, 08:18 AM
I never even knew there was an upgrade for Win2K Pro.... :blink:

Anyhow, yeah, the installer CD should do most of the work.

AroundTheFur
03-23-2003, 05:38 PM
No this isnt the upgrade, i was talking about uprgrading to xp from me, and thanks that should do the trick just fine, now its just a matter of picking the right time to do it and backing up all my shistuff. thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.