PDA

View Full Version : Particle flow help....

dbc0308
07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Hi, so I have a question about particles and glow.
This is what I want to do:
I have made a plane and a paricle flow, emitted on the surface and moving
only inside the surface boundaries. I have made a sphere in the middle of the surface
and the particles are passing through. What I want to do is, I want the perticles to glow when inside (in contact) with the sphere. How would you do it?
Is there any glow animation parameters like "glow on impact", or "glow when inside a volume"?
Right now I'm adding a collision to the main event in particle flow with a Udeflector set on the sphere. So when particles come in contact with the sphere they change material to one with ID thats has glow... Now to solve the "quit glowing" problem outside the sphere I made a tube just around the sphere (vertically) and added another collision in the second event with UDeflector set on the tube. This collision now brings the particles back to the first material and the glowing stops. Thought it may sound quite logical it doesn't really work as easy, actually I have to play around alittle with it but I am just wondering if anyone else has a better solution???
Extremely grateful for any anwsers and feedback!

Best regards
Darko B

CGTalk Moderation
07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.