PDA

View Full Version : Batch Rendering Problem (urgent!)

Ti22
03-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi all I am rendering a project I need to give in by tomorrow. Its taken the whole day today.

When I render it has skipped some of the frames why is this?

I have 5 scene files wiht different camera angles.

in camera 1 I want it to render frames 1-80 but it only renders to Frame 26 and while rendering frame 27 I notices something odd.

while rendering frame 27 the CPU usage (it should be 100) drops to 2% then fluctuates to 17 to 45 > 50 > 98 etc.. and drops down. to 2 % and stops rendering half way through frame 27

also during frame 27 the memory usage peaks from 120 - 200 Megs to 1 GB! I don't know why this is

I did a test and tried rendering in Maya by clicking render current frame from the render menu the CPU usage flucuates and the memory usage also increase however it finished rendering the frame. but in Batch rendering it doesn't finish the frame.

This is also happening in other Scene files but they are stopping the render at different frame not 27. How can I solve this please help!

This only occurs in some camera angles. like camera 1 and camera 3.

Camera 2 and 4 and persp are fine

SandeepMaithani
09-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi,

I had read thru' ur case. I too fase a similar problem, with the only difference being I have it in 3dsmax4 while network rendering.

Sandy

chips__
09-25-2003, 04:32 PM
try rendering from a command line.
also, if your system runs out of physical memory, and starts swapping, your render times will be bad, and the cpu workload will be low, since most disks cant supply the cpu with data as fast as ram can...

Doogie
09-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a insufficient RAM problem to me.... you can do stuff like optimize scene size, render from the command line, convert large textures to BOT files, or buy more RAM. You could try rendering it in tiles too (it could help).

-Paul

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.