PDA

View Full Version : Colour Problem In Imported Videos

Aranel
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I've a problem ~ when I import videos, like videos made in particle programs, to my existing composition with a base video; the imported video gets almost invisible. Flames,dust etc , all look too bright because I use Screen for Blending Mode. When I use Overlay it gets darker but imported video is still not the way it should have been, Multiply makes it all worse.

So what shall I do in this situation? I tried some random stuff like adding a Solid layer, picking the eyedropper and changing the colours but it didn't work or I couldn't make it work.

Any help?
Thank you in advance,
M

trancor
07-03-2007, 03:22 AM
yeah, precomp the clip in a scene with a solid below it and then you can use that precomp with a blending mode if need be. You can also so a levels on the clip and bring down the alpha and play with the colors that way as well.

Mylenium
07-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Hi,

I've a problem ~ when I import videos, like videos made in particle programs, to my existing composition with a base video; the imported video gets almost invisible. Flames,dust etc , all look too bright because I use Screen for Blending Mode. When I use Overlay it gets darker but imported video is still not the way it should have been, Multiply makes it all worse.

So what shall I do in this situation? I tried some random stuff like adding a Solid layer, picking the eyedropper and changing the colours but it didn't work or I couldn't make it work.

Any help?
Thank you in advance,
M

Adjust the Alpha levels of the particles and use multiple instances of them. In most situations you will need at least 3 instances - one as the base and the other two to balance out blend modes e.g. Add vs. Multiply. In case the image sequence has no Alpha, you can always derive one based on Brightness/ Luminance by using the Shift Channel effect or plugin such as XMult.

Mylenium

Aranel
07-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Thank you a lot for your replies =)
Well, I'm trying to learn After Effects by my own efforts, but I can't say I'm doing well.
I tried to make it work with your instructions, but still I couldn't get far:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6779/beforeeffzw0.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6779/beforeeffzw0.jpg)
-

Edit : Alright, I think I'm getting the hang of this =P

Thanks again~
M

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2007, 06:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.