PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate A complete Rig to the other side?

Devilhart
07-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if there's a way to duplicate a lets say I have a rig setup all finish for the left side of the arm but I wanted to use the same rig element without doing it all over again for the right side. Is there a way to do this? I tried mirror joint but it only copy the joint but not the rig system. I tried duplicate and it screw up.

Any Tips?

bsb312
07-03-2007, 12:04 PM
If you created a broken rig system there would be a way to duplicate the entire left side to the right side, vice versa, if the system was appropriately grouped. But, if it was a simple setup where the entire joint system is connected, you can mirror the joints but will not be able to mirror ur ik handles, vectors, utility nodes...etc

Besides there may be a way through mel, if ur workin with maya, but that can get more tedious than just rebuilding the other side.

jenzi
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
maby you could just group it all properly and save, then you import it and make the x scale a negative on the imported group. you have to group both skeleton and handles.

it worked just fine for me anyway.

jenzi
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
maby you could just group it all properly and save, then you import it and make the x scale a negative on the imported group. you have to group both skeleton and handles.

it worked just fine for me anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.