PDA

View Full Version : HMC 9: STAR WARS TRIBUTE: Animated Princess Leia

MatsM
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Oh, my, just found out there was a new HCMC, and it's starwars and it's nearly over. I didn't finish the previous HCMC, but why not just keep joining them? Ok, bad apology (was it even an apology??)

Righty, I'm not to sure how well it fits with the rules, but I really like this gentle giant statue of the animates leia. So Im going to try and finish this one,.. And really quickly too, seeing as the deadline is on next monday or nearby attleast.

I'll be doing this one in 3dsmax, and render it out in MentalRay.

Oh, a quick search later and I've found tons of other angles, nice :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-GGSanimated/default.asp

-mats

MatsM
07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Leia day one

Tried to model her in pose, but it proved to difficult to do.. So I might do some of it in Leonardo style and then model her into the pose..

R2 is coming along nicely, and so is Leia.. this is only after a few hours, and I'm not putting the reference in the view port or anything.. I just alt-tab to it to view it..

More to come I hope

Have to start on the head soon.. so that I can start getting a better feel for her, and the hands and the boots, then I should be getting somewhere.. I'll probably do R2 and the base either when I'm feeling stuck, or at the very end,..

MatsM
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
After just a small amount of time, I have really gotten to grips with this :) The torso is nearin completion.. I'll detail the belt in more later, just need to get more stuff in place first..
I did manage to find some more images from some different angles, so those will help allot.

Later tonight I'll start on the head, cause I fount a very nicely detailed left view image :)

Here's progress 30 minutes more on the torso :)

michaelshippy
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Really great start - and unique take on the character. Good luck squeezing this in in less than a week!

MatsM
07-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh, man.. time flies when you're modelling stuff..

O'well here is the end of the second day.. The face is beginning to come together, almost..

So tomorrow will be arms, legs and shoes.. Then on thursday I'll concentrate on r2, then detail over the weekend.. I might just to some very simple textures.. nothing to fancy though...

take care

-Mats

MatsM
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
cheers michaelshippy

yeah, deadline is tight, but we'll see.. :)

on the other challenges I've had too much time so its been easier to postpone work.. but not this time.. Took me a week to decide though, and I ended up with my initial choice anyway, lol

-mats

Dessano
07-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey Mats, this is Daniil :-)))

Haha nice to see you here :-)
Looks interesting, I hope you will pull it out :-)

More UPDATES!!

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2007, 02:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.