PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8.5 Trax editor problems

mikahl
07-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having this problem with posing out a character in Trax.
So I have these two poses, and they blend into one another, that part works fine.
But then, I want to add some more intricate motion. So my idea was to key into the poses to put in that motion - to maintain the simplicity of the original trax setup but have all the motion I need.

When I open my file, everything loads fine, until I save a file with a keyed in clip. Then, I try reloading that, and all of a sudden , my characters head is screwed up! The shape of the head is completely different.
So this keying into clip business works fine at first, until I reload it.
I have facial joints and blendshapes on the head, but they were working fine the first time I keyed into the clip.

God this would be a great way to animate if I wasn't having this problem!

Apparently I'm not the only one that had this sort of problem.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=26&t=488950&highlight=trax

Unfortunatly I can't PM this guy who made this post over a year ago.

Please check out this image for a detailed view of what I mean.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_b1aMci-1tzo/RokDVgc4EwI/AAAAAAAAAFg/NObjkCvWIAc/s1600-h/snapshot3.png

_____________________________________________________________-

Running Maya 8.5 Unlimited on Ubuntu 7.04
1.2 gHz celeron w/ GeForce Ti4200
1 GB SDRAM ( yeah its old ).

diegooriani
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Man, try to double check the "Absolute Position". From what I heard, when you load your clips, some of the joints come with the AP checked and others not. In the end you have a crazy result.

Cheers,
Diego

mikahl
07-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey Ben!

Nice website! Like the shoulder tutorial. Nice and general.

Yes by default Trax will make all your clips/poses have Absolute rotation values but Relative translation. I guess it assumes its for FK char walk cycles.
All the poses of my character all have absolute values. I make sure of that by copying the offsets from the last pose to the new. Occasionally I actually open up the menu bar ( it takes 10 minutes on my char for the offsets to load ) just to double-check.

Thank-you for your help - but don't worry about it. I scrapped these face controls, they needed to be replaced anyways. I have a better set of face controls, ones that don't mess -up in Trax.

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2007, 03:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.