PDA

View Full Version : Flickering point light..How too?

IvanB
07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi,

Can somebody HELP!

How is it you can make the intensity of a point light, or any light, flicker randomly..I'm using the light to simulate a flame flickering (flame is composited).

I'm actually using xstream with lightwave and can simulate this quite easily, however when i setup the light in LW and change the colour of the light, on frame 1 the terrain recieves the (orange light in this case), and all other frames the light becomes white. Any ideas?

Eighther of the two solutions would be appreciated.

Ivan.

IvanB
07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Sorry people I nutted it out...KIND OF.

I created the point lights in vue and modified them in lightwave via graph editor..works fine. As apposed to creating them in Lightwave and modifing. HOWEVER when you switch from vue xstream to LW, you get an error saying "this option is currently controlled by an envelope" hit ok and continue...seems to work.

Anyway..it kind of works, but if someone can tell me how to make the light flicker in vue, that would be excelent.
Ivan.

Solomon
07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
You might want to apply a gel to the light properties or use one of the presets for the graph that corresponds to the power option of the Vue light.

IvanB
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi solomon

thanks mate...yeah, i thought about a light gell, I also tried playing around with the graph editor then cracked the sads http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon9.gif and exported terrain and set it all up in lightwave. I'll use xstream for surrounding environment...Best of both worlds.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.