PDA

View Full Version : Vue xStream and Infinite on Mac network ?

Pixelsonic
07-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone,

first of all hi to everybody here in this forum ! Iīm looking forward to meeting lots of nice people here...

One question on Vue 6. Is it possible to connect a Mac (G5 in this case) with Vue Infinite and a Rendercow to a PC with Vue xStream to render images within mac with xstream ? I read on the E-on site that xStream needs xstream rendernodes, while Infinite needs rendercows on each system / cpu. So if xstream is just windows compatible, it might be that I canīt add a Mac cpu to speed up rendering with 3D Studio and xstream, right ?

bruno021
07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
It's possible to mix mac & pc cow nodes for Infinite. I don't know if it's possible for xStream, but I suppose if you render from the Vue interface with rendercows and not xStream nodes, then it may be possible.

Pixelsonic
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
It's possible to mix mac & pc cow nodes for Infinite. I don't know if it's possible for xStream, but I suppose if you render from the Vue interface with rendercows and not xStream nodes, then it may be possible.

Thanks for your response ! When using Infinite on a PC, I think that an installed rendercow on Mac will work. But if I would use xStream with mental ray within 3D Studio Max, then I would canīt use rendercows or hypervue as far as I understand. So I would need to install a rendernode on another machine (in this case a G5), which I donīt know if its possible (do render nodes install on Mac OS-X ?).

Best,
Martin

bruno021
07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Hmmm... Since xStream isn't Mac compatible right now, I don't think an xStream render node would install on a mac, but it would be worth asking e-on about this.

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.