PDA

View Full Version : Top Urgent Help Needed!!!!!

3dpixle
03-21-2003, 10:44 PM
HI All,

First of all I would like to apologize from my bad english letter,
Beause english is not my first language.
Recently I purchase a motherboard (Winfast K7NCR18G Pro)
manufactured by leadtek in Taiwan from one of your vendors.
But it seems that this board have some problem, here I will try to explain better.

I dont set any jumper (all jumpers are fix that set by manufacture)
After installing CPU (Athlon XP 2000+ and its heatsink) and suitable RAM and adding power cable from right direction to the mainboard and other case connectors, I starting up for the first time by swith on the power supply
as well as press the ATX ( Antec ATX 350 Watt) power swith on the front of the chassis, BUT at this stage, I DONT HAVE any beep (NO POST message or other beep) or even I DONT HAVE any picture on my screen. I mean : NO BEEP AND NO IMAGE on my screen (Black screen), But heatsink's fan and AGP fan work perfectly. I should mentine my monitor is fix and works perfectly.

Could you please help me on how can I detect the reason of these error and the best way for fixing such problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

elvis
03-22-2003, 07:19 AM
try booting while holding either the "HOME" or "INSERT" keys on your keyboard. these set the defaults of the motherboard when booting and can sometimes wake your board up.

if you can't boot with nothing but ram cpu and video it can often be a video problem. try reseating the video card, or using a completely different card if you have one available.

singularity2006
03-23-2003, 07:29 AM
your CPU might be shot. I had that happen before and it turned out to be the CPU that was bad... got that replaced and all became well in the world. :bounce:

3dpixle
03-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks, But I did all of them. Adding a new PCI graphic card and holding Home or Insert cant boot up my system. No beep and No video. Only rotation of headsink's fan and AGP's fan like same time. Elvis/singularity2006, I think the problem is in CPU that never let to mainboard to wake up. what do you think ?
and what is the reason of not working my "Complete NEW" CPU?

GarethCS
03-23-2003, 09:48 PM
I've had a similar problem like this with gigabyte motherboards. Strangely enough the problem was that I had the mouse and keyboard plugged in. Once I upplugged it started up for the first time. Once it booted for the first time I was then able to plug the keyboard and mouse back in.

Hope this helps.

skilled vē
03-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by garethcs
I've had a similar problem like this with gigabyte motherboards. Strangely enough the problem was that I had the mouse and keyboard plugged in. Once I upplugged it started up for the first time. Once it booted for the first time I was then able to plug the keyboard and mouse back in.

Hope this helps.

same thing happend for me....wierd:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.