PDA

View Full Version : texture.map renders black

living3d
06-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Hello. I have an issue with memory mappable textures. After conversion from .sgi to .map and applying textures to objects i have black result. I used imf_copy -r -p texture.sgi texture.map command. Whats the problem? Thanx!

floze
06-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello. I have an issue with memory mappable textures. After conversion from .sgi to .map and applying textures to objects i have black result. I used imf_copy -r -p texture.sgi texture.map command. Whats the problem? Thanx!
Have you tried converting it without the -r flag? Does it still display with the imf_disp utility? And how did you setup the texture in maya?

living3d
06-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I haven't tried converting it without -r and as i know its less effecient. It's ok now. It was just light linking problem. I had no lights in the scene and just dpopped a texture into diffuse slot of mia material without changing light mode... but now i have another question. I made a bump map in Photoshop from the initial .tif texture and used the same imf_copy command. I got bump map exactly the same size as color map...is it normal? thanx!

floze
06-30-2007, 03:28 PM
I haven't tried converting it without -r and as i know its less effecient. It's ok now. It was just light linking problem. I had no lights in the scene and just dpopped a texture into diffuse slot of mia material without changing light mode... but now i have another question. I made a bump map in Photoshop from the initial .tif texture and used the same imf_copy command. I got bump map exactly the same size as color map...is it normal? thanx!
That's normal, as the .map does not use any sort of compression. It doesnt matter what you save into the pixels; as long as it's the same resolution, you'll have the same filesize.

living3d
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I got it. Thank you one more time! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.