PDA

View Full Version : Merging Biped into another Scene

Minikimbie
06-30-2007, 06:21 AM
I want to merge a Biped into another scene. I tried creating a new Biped into that scene and adding the animation to the Biped and it works. But I want the coordinates to be different. After I moved it to where I wanted it to be it jumps back to the coordinates that the animation has it set at. I remember when I first saved it as a .bip file it asked something about the coordinates but I unfortunately ignored it :sad:. (Which I am never doing again!!!) I'm using 3DS max 9 and I can't get the question it asked to pop up again. Any help's a big help so thankies~ ♥:applause:♥

dilithium
07-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Use the MOVE ALL button in the Biped rollout. As long as your limbs aren't keyed 'sliding' or 'planted' to another object, your whole biped should move about quite freely. You might need to turn autokey on.

I don't know anything about the 'export' co-ords you speak of but, there's nothing asking that in the dialogue, in Max 8, which is what I'm using. The 'save segment' stuff is just for saving out part of your animation, not the whole thing.

Neil

BigMouth
07-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I want to merge a Biped into another scene. I tried creating a new Biped into that scene and adding the animation to the Biped and it works. But I want the coordinates to be different. After I moved it to where I wanted it to be it jumps back to the coordinates that the animation has it set at. I remember when I first saved it as a .bip file it asked something about the coordinates but I unfortunately ignored it :sad:. (Which I am never doing again!!!) I'm using 3DS max 9 and I can't get the question it asked to pop up again. Any help's a big help so thankies~ ♥:applause:♥

This is very, very easy.

All you have to do is bip-in your animation. When your character moves back to the original coordinates, click on ANY part of the biped, go into motion, layers tab, create new layer (make sure Auto Key IS ON), then grab the bip01 and slide the biped to wherever you want it to be.

DONE! :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2007, 04:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.