PDA

View Full Version : what is the best board for amd chips running maya

THX
03-21-2003, 09:10 PM
wats is the best mobo out there for running amd chipset with geforce titanium 4200 with maya . no dual

FreeQ
03-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Any of Nforce2 (SPP) chipset presented mobo is. But which is no onboard GF4MX!(IGP)

My opinion is EPOX 8RDA+.

THX
03-22-2003, 03:56 AM
i heard this board has sum ram compatibility issues:surprised

GregHess
03-22-2003, 04:31 PM
nforce2, probably the asus or abit.

The epox board has had a number of reported problems and issues. There will be a new revision coming out later which addresses these, I'd avoid the current revisions until their fixed.

Tellerve
03-22-2003, 05:09 PM
I've read several accounts of people with various Nforce2 motherboards having trouble with Crucial ram. I don't know if they were doing something wrong or what but since I have heard it from a decent amount of people there could be something to it. On a side note I got some crucial 2700 a couple days ago and it is pretty slow, won't do cas2 at 166mhz :( Not like my old crucial.

I'd just check with people that have the board your thinking about and see what ram they are using. And don't skimp on parts, even if it means a few more bucks.

Tellerve

FreeQ
03-23-2003, 10:36 PM
I'm very lucky with my 8rda+. I'm using two of 512MB kingstons PC2700 at 160 MHz 7-2-2-2-1 timing on my machines, no problem at all. I've tested with noname dimms also without any issue. I've heard memory issue is not to brand related. It's BIOS thing.

elvis
03-24-2003, 12:18 AM
there's a problem with nforce2 boards runnign memory at SPD settings on some of the newer crucial and corsair "CAS1" ram chips. when the boards start up they try to run the ram too fast and won't boot.

the trick is to get some old ram, and start the system up and manually set the ram timings. then shutdown the system, install your faster ram, boot up and tweak from there.

as for board quality, i've had some bad experiences with the epox board and stability. like greg, i suggest the asus or abit boards. (the abit NF7-S rev 1.2 looks very tasty).

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.