PDA

View Full Version : Camera troubles

Billy_the_Kid
03-21-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi all,

I have some troubles with a take and I would like a little help from you.

I have a 3D camera moving through the clouds (made in 3D, too) in the sky.
This camera will fall down in the direction of a boat, floating on the ocean (boat and ocean are 3D again).
The camera will getting closer of a real man stand on the 3D boat 'till we see his eyes.

This way:
How is the best way to do that? Maybe I use the 3D camera until the man appears, then change it for a real camera.
Is there a way to do this? How can I do?

Any help will be great,

regards,

Carlos Eduardo

1armedScissor
03-22-2003, 04:28 PM
you could create a 3d model of the man (I'm assuming that the shot starts from far away, so he doesn't have to be highly detailed, just correct proportions and shape) and place him in the boat in your 3d scene. Then you have a few options.

1. during your camera move (dolly I'm assuming) you can simply dissolve between your 3d model and the actuall footage (covering up any inconsistencies with atmospherice effects like mist from the water or fog or whatever).

2. somewhere during the camera move edit in a "cutaway shot" inbetween the 3d move and the actual footage.

Either way you will have to do some 3d tracking to get your 3d camera's speed to approximate the speed of your actual camera move.

Hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.