PDA

View Full Version : Where do I need to improve?

tendho
06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi there,

This is my first digital caricature painting of fellow caricature artist on photoshop CS and my first post here. I am not satisfied with the result. Please guide me on where do I need to pay attention and how can I improve that. Any feedback is very appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.tibettoons.com/caricature%20archive/images/don.jpg

EliAbramovitch
06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
i think you've done a good job capturing the personality.
the only problem is the picture is to well lit. decide where the light is coming from and add shadows..

tendho
06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
OMG !! You are right. I was so into following reference picture. Thank you for your input. I appreciated.

Tenzin

realghostbuster
07-06-2007, 07:11 PM
i agree with more dramatic lighting and also think you should get wackier with it. i would increase his forehead size and tigthen up his chin, like a 70-30 ratio, its a good general number for distorting caricatures.

tendho
07-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks realghostbuster, it is always a challenge to strech the distinctive feature and still retain the likeness. Appreciate your input. I was wondering more about rendering, now it looks like I need to change to more coarse brush and add some noise to remove that clean digital look.

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2007, 11:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.