PDA

View Full Version : Can't get mix8.layer to work

CountZeroInterrupt
06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I have had a rough night struggling with this shader trying to get it to work. For some reason, no matter what I do, only the top layer seems to work, everything else doesn't show up. I have two targa files with alpha channels and they both work seperately on the top layer bot never combined.
I have already done research on this and other forums and it seems that the alpha channels don't work very good with the mix8.layer. I turned on "export with shading engine", but no good. I read somewhere else that a Surface Shader in between should do the trick. I tried the following setup:
The targa file connects into "out Color" and "Out Transparency" of the surface shader and the surface shader itself connects from "Out MattOpacity" into the Color node of the mix8.layer. Again, no good! In this case nothing works, the targa file now doesn't show up at all.

Other threads talk about the p_maya_shading_engine, but I can't for the life of me find this shader anywhere. I know the author is known as puppet on the forums and I have even been to his homepage, but I can't find this shader anywhere.

It would be great if someone could help me out on this one.

Cheers,

Julian

acidream
06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
You are setting the "n.layers" slider to the proper number for the layers you have connected right? I know sometimes I will add another layer but forget to set this and it doesn't show.

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.