PDA

View Full Version : Help!

mikdavy2
06-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Can someone take me step by step how to model a battle droid using these two reference pictures?
The following link will be to download the images
http://www.nickscott.fsnet.co.uk/Droidv2/Battle%20Droid%20Blueprints.zip

Thanks.

4 low
06-28-2007, 04:44 AM
People have already done that. They are called tutorials, and they can be found on the internet, or even on this website.

Search. Try Google.

mikdavy2
06-28-2007, 05:14 AM
I've been looking, but i can't find any done in maya.

4 low
06-28-2007, 05:26 AM
I've been looking, but i can't find any done in maya.

Well, now that we know what software you're using (which is helpful to point out in the first post of the thread), how about searching for some general maya modeling tutorials? I know there are mechanical modeling tutorials out there, and I know there are character modeling tutorials, all using Maya.

It's true you might not find a tutorial showing exactly how to model the exact robot you want, using the exact same references you have provided, to produce the exact same image that you want to produce, but a general modeling tutorial will at least show you enough to get started on your own.

Once you get started, and begin to develop skills and an understanding of the software, as well as the processes involved, you will begin to develop very specific questions, and will therefore need to make very specific posts detailing these specific questions. Simply asking how to get started is a bit vague, and can be difficult to get you headed in the right direction.

And holy crap, for the love of the sweet baby jesus, search the interweb. Can you guess what the first link Google pops up when I search for Maya Mechanical Modeling?? There's plenty more out there...

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/character/226.html

this one is a few years old now, but for the most part, the methods are still the same.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2007, 05:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.